Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
A Florida judge, Roger Vinson, ruled that the federal government can't force Americans to buy healthcare and declared it to be unconstitutional.

There are now 26 states filing lawsuits. And it looks like the Supreme Court will be dealing with this. What do you think? Is Obama's healthcare unconstitutional? Why or why not?

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I don't think there is a win-win situation with this. I just think about all of the people out there that can not afford health care, which in some way taxpayers are probably paying for some sort of way.

For example, my homeowners insurance went up $400 annually because of all the claims people filed last year, even though I have never filed a claim in 17 years. (not that it's healthcare, just an example in that we end up paying for things regardless)

I know it's a unrealistic thought, that some how everyone would be able to have health care that needs it. Don't really know the answer.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I believe that Obamacare is unconstitutional. The government should not be allowed to force anyone to buy health care, nor should it penalize anyone for not buying health insurance.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

Parakeet
Parakeet
Why not? States require you buy Auto insurance. It is illegal in most states to drive without auto insurance. So, how is requiring health insurance that much different.

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Auto insurance is about protecting the rights of other drivers. But how does our health affect the rights of others?

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Exactly the same way. Our medical bills wouldn't include the extra charges to cover for under- or un- insured patients who have to be treated. Hospitals, clinic, ambulances, etc, have to treat these patients knowing they won't be covered, so we pay for them.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
The thing that scares me about this, is even though they state there is going to be a competitive and affordable option, they haven't defined it yet. It would cost us 500 bucks a month to add me and the kids to my husbands policy. We live paycheck to paycheck and there is no way we can do that. Well, what if this competitive rate is 300 a month? I still can't afford that. Not without losing my utilities! So get the insurance and cut my utilities or be fined? Scary situation. On the other hand, insurance on my car is only 40 bucks a month.

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.