Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#656041 01/14/11 12:04 AM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Have we all been living the wrong destiny? According to this article, we are a month off on our astrological dates, which shifted over 2000 years ago!

Astrological Dates Wrong

Now this is ridiculous! Are we to change just about everything that has happened in relation to our birth signs, personalities, etc.? How come this has never been brought up before? I have never heard anything about it.

It really does not matter to me what the true dates/signs are supposed to be -- I am Capricorn through and through.

What are your opinions on this issue?

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 01/14/11 12:07 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This item is something that always turns up on a 'slow news day'. Precession means that the Sun is now several houses ahead of where traditional astrology says it is. However the system still works, both for magick and for divination. Why it works is still being researched by Natural Philosophers but that it does - particularly on the magick front- suggests an underlying mechanism independent of the changes in astronomy.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Basically, everything Ian said is what I've heard too. Since the interpretations of the signs is based on observation and experience, and built over time as astrologers interact and do their own readings, one explanation is that perhaps they have shifted over time too in the ways that are relevant...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
OP Offline
This is very interesting. Thanks Ian and Lisa for your thoughts and clarification on the issue. I guess it is one of those things that just pop up when there are 'slow news days', as you say, Ian.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just happened upon this response to the article that yours started from, pointing out that the shift isn't relevant to the zodiac used by most Western astrology:

No, Your Sign Hasn't Changed

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
OP Offline
This subject brings up a question to ponder on. Are our personalities the way they are because of who we are or because we have been conditioned to be the way our astrological sign says we are?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Personality depends a lot on personal biochemistry. Scientists investigating astrological types have suggested that this can be 'set' before we are born by our mothers bodies responding to the changes in season, diet and other environmental factors including changes in the Earth's magnetic field.

As Astrology/onomy was first used to know when the correct time to plant crops empirical observation might have been used to notice different types of people tended to be born at different times of the year and the connections were made with the constellations overhead at the time.

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 01/17/11 04:24 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
B
B
I don't really get it....why did they change? Is this information coming from scientists or astrologers? Or both?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
They changed because of the movement of the Earth's Precession and, as you can see, both scientists and astrologers noticed.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Gecko
Gecko
It makes me a full Scorpio......I was supposed to be a Scorpio, but as the first child sometimes is, I was two weeks late. I can tell you - where I am not a Sagittarius - I definitely AM a Scorpio.

When my astrological profile was done - I have so many planets in Scorpio.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Donna_Astrology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.