Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#346243 10/06/07 07:37 PM
L
OP Offline
L
oh my gosh!
i'm just in the absolute beginnings of learning how to tat after being inspired from some small doiley's my mother showed me created by my great grandmother. i can manage to make a ring, but once it comes to picots, i'm a lost cause. i've had a look around, and i think i have found how to do it on this site. thank you so much. any extra help would be swell. thanks heaps xo

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Hi Confused Aussie,

Whereabouts roughly in Oz are you? If you are on the East Coast there are plenty of tatters, as well as the NSW Ring of Tatters, who would be happy to help you.

Buzby

T
T
There are several good sites check on bellaonline.com and also put tatting in on your search engine. That should help. I suspect you are not in North America from your subject line so communication may take a bit of time. There are many good sites but try those first. I will try to help you with either a addresses for websites or directly help. I've been tatting for 20 years and just found a great site run by Georgia Seitz that can really help.

You will find once you get the hang of it picots are easy--the directions can be confusing until you get the hang of them though.

Peace Tatting Lady

Everyone talks about a better tomorrow but wouldn't it be nice if we started buy making today just a little bit more pleasant?
T
T
Picots are just spaces between stitches. A short length of thread is left before you start the next stitch and when that next stitch is done and slid up next to the other stitches the thread forms a picot.

I have tatting demos on my web site that have taught a lot of people how to tat. Here's the address for the demos Sharon's Tatting Demos
I suggest that you start with chains using 2 colours of contrasting thread as it wil give you the best oportunity to see what's happening. I have had a lot of people get stuck because they thought the were flipping the stitches, but they weren't. Larks head knots can look like a proper doublestitch but the rings close from the wrong end leaving spaces between the rings. If you start with chains then you'll know for sure that you are making the stitches correctly.

Last edited by Tattedlace; 11/01/07 05:38 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hello there!
Have you joined the online tatting class yet?
New lessons start in January
just email me for details, no fees, just tatting fun.
Georgia

Georgia Seitz
TATTING
J
J
I am also an Aussie living in Melbourne Victoria.. I teach tatting in the Morwell, Traralgon, Moe, area and I know that a new group has started up in Brisbane Qld...from what I have heard this group is fabulous...there is also the Tatters Guild in Ringwood Victoria...if you need more information please let me know Hugs Joy NATA 561

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Joy, that is great news. If you have the contact details on these and other tatting guilds in Australia, please let me know.

Georgia Seitz
TATTING
J
J
The contact details for the Tatting guild of Victoria is moving to a new venue in the New Year.....for anyone on the Internet just search The Tatting Guild of Victoria Australia as new details will be there in the new Year. The Brisbane group only started a couple of months ago ...I will try to get the details from Jenni Clark and post them on this site Hugs Joy NATA 561 Hugs Joy

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Thanks Joy.
ps is this Joy McKenzie?

Georgia Seitz
TATTING
If you want to know about Queensland Tatters, ask away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Georgia, AK Tatter 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.