logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Man I just can't stand negativity and pessimism. People who have no clue what they are talking about should really not try to give advice or criticize those who are trying to succeed at something or those who have taken a chance with something and had great success.

What is the idiom for this? Armchair quarter back? Can't friggin stand it when people do this. They just shoot everybody and everything down because of their own fears, failures or self hatred. Pompous douchebaggery at it's best! Get over yourself and let the rest of us LIVE! Woohoo! Merry Xmas and Happy Friggin New Year! (channeling a little Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation there)

O.K. I feel much better now and I didn't even have to rehash the whole situation either : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
My friend this is human nature, you cant change it, the only thing that you can do is that you can accept this fact.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think every person is at a certain path in their growth cycle and while some are very serene, others are not there yet. They are hurt and frustrated and defensive and angry.

I was talking with someone about this recently, that it is like walking down a road and coming across an injured puppy. The puppy might snarl at you, but it is because he is injured and scared. He needs help and he doesn't know what to do or who to trust.

I know it's easy to get frustrated right back when someone is acting that way. It's human nature.

I try my best to realize that they are hurt and sad inside. Their outward expressions simply mirror their insides. They feel down about themselves and the thought of someone else succeeding makes them feel even worse. It's not a good state to be in. They need help, but they don't know how to ask for it. They feel stuck. And that makes them angry and frustrated.

So I try my best to be even more understanding, to be there if they need help, but also to gently distance myself from their harmful barking if there is nothing I can do immediately. That is, yes, they are hurt and they need to take steps to heal. But I can't "make" them heal - and while I can do my best, I also need to keep myself protected and not let myself be constantly abused in the process.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Lisa, great analogy with the puppy. Just try and remember how you first felt when you came accross self development and the concept of maintaining positivity all the time. It is hard to keep and a foreign subject to most people. Therefore when something goes wrong, people will express themselves through negativity because it is comfortable to them being what they know and find easy to do. Instead of staying frustrated, it might help to put yourself in their shoes, and then help them to find the positive in the situation. Enough influence of positivity, in time they will grasp the concept and embrace it like yourself.

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.