Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
In the world of instant messagings, iphones, cell phones, Twitter, etc... so many practices are obsolute - letter writing, even a simple thank you letter. What about business cards?

Do you use business cards to get people to remember you?
Do the business cards you collect fall into the black hole of your wallet or purse?

Do you think that business cards are still an important tool when networking in your career?

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 12/28/10 09:49 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks so much for the response Julie. I still collect business cards myself.

Great idea to send the thank you after an interview, it helps you to stand out with many employers as someone who still remembers proper business etiquette.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I don't think business cards will ever be outdated or can be outdated. I continue to carry them with me at all times, you never know when or where the opportunity will arise to pass on your business information or receive it. I think it is still the easiest way to connect. I put a bit a personal info on cards given to me so I can fully remember when and how I met person. Sometimes I write has 'dog' '6 kids' etc. It is helpful when sending follow-up notes.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there,

I think that despite modern electronics, business cards have a very important role and will/should take a long time to die off completely. Yes, there is an argument I suppose for why have them, they are just an expense and get lost and thrown away or ignored or are useless in any business arena, but this is an argument with which I disagree very much.

A business card is useful for all the reasons we know, it promotes and underlines who you are and what you do. I still think we see with our fingers, and a relevent card, well designed and explanatory with all the information clearly displayed is a joy for me.

If someone wishes to offer me a service and casually mentions "just go onto the web and look at our website, it's all there," I brush them off with a 'no, I won't,' and then look for another supplier. If they cannot be bothered to say anything more because they have a website (wow) and they are relying on me to do their marketing for them and then pay for their services, well then to me it's clear they have too many other things to do than seek or look after my business.

I have noted a development in print in that many trades people use A6 flyers printed both sides to promote and note what they do. This is also nice but still not as useful as a b/card, you can't tuck it away as easily.

Okay. So now I will step off my soap box and smile and relax and all those good things.

The next subject of course is why print a business card then never have any on you when you go out to do business or network?

Ah well - winning a lot more than losing with this subject...
Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Gecko
Gecko
I have two biz cards for my business. One is the card I toss into orders. The other card I keep in my purse and hand out to people I meet.

The "business" business card:

The "personal" business card:

I figure the people who place orders on my website really don't need my name or email address. The people who I meet, I probably already introduced myself so the card serves as a reminder.

I do keep business cards people give me and put them in my rolodex for future reference.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jeanne, Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
Elephant
I ran out so have not made more and somebody asked me for one the other day and I felt so stupid for not having one. I had to write my url on a scrap piece of paper. How unprofessional is that! I'm making some this weekend.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

A
A
if you go to vistaprint.com, you can get free b-cards. we use them all the time for our vinyl business.

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I use Vistaprint and pay to not have the vistaprint advertising on the back. I also upgrade to the glossy cards. They just look more professional that way. Overall, Vistaprint is way cheaper than Staples or most other places.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.