logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
After months of trying, we've conceived and are expecting a baby this summer! The one thing we're still working on is a name... luckily, we have similar tastes. Can we got some feedback on our favorites? Girl: Anna, Iris, Violet, Evelyn, Aster, Elizabeth (Beth), Alice, Marietta, Willow, Luna Boy: Harrison, Felix, William, Dexter, Jack, Isaac, Holden, Calvin, Tristan, Levi We both like traditional... but not overdone. Thoughts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Congrats!

My favorites would probably be Elizabeth and William, but I like all of the names, to be honest. I think you guys have great taste overall. smile

Could you tell us what the baby's surname will sound like? (Or, if you're comfortable doing so, maybe you could just give us the surname?) That would help us give you better feedback.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Congratulations!

I totally agree with Nancy, you have great taste! There isn't a name that I dislike..

C
OP Offline
C
The surname is Miller - SUPER common, so we both would like a slightly less common first name. So Jack, William, and Elizabeth are ones that we are less enthusiastic about (even though we love the names). How many Jack Millers must there be? My grandmother had a great interest in geneology. Because of that, I have a wealth of "family name" knowledge. Here are family names that my husband and I like, from both sides: G: Joyce, Morgan, Viola, Grace, Jane, Marilla, B: Charles, Zachary, David, Reid, Scott, Robert, Gregory, Other matriarchs in our family have names like Barbara, Virginia, and Gertrude... Joyce is definitely the most usable! The patriarchs all have wonderful "middle name" material, like Jeffrey, Robert, Douglas, and John. So, easy peasy on the boys side.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
As a boy named Steven - it gets dullsville hearing it all the time, when my friends call me Casey it's much better - so I'd go for something more unusual and then perhaps a traditional middle name?

Girl:
I like these girls names you chose: Marietta, Willow, Luna

Boy:
And I like these boys names - though Harrison is a bit Ford for me LOL. Felix, William, Dexter, Jack, Isaac, Calvin,

Most of the names remind me of things, you know how everyone hears a name and pictures someone? It's all individual choice - sometimes a baby will come and you might want to call it something, but then the name just doesn't suit. In some cultures the baby isn't given a name for upto a year, until they see their personality - just an idea smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Ah, Miller...I can see what you mean about wanting a first name that isn't super-common as well. smile

One site that might be helpful in this regard is How Many of Me. You put in a first and last name, and it tells you the number of people in the U.S. who have that exact name. I don't know if the numbers are totally precise/up-to-date, but they should give you some helpful estimates.

I think with Miller, my favorite first names would be these:

Evelyn, Jane, Alice
Isaac, David, Zachary

The only names I'd be wary of are those that sound too much like Miller, like Marilla and Willow. And maybe even Marietta and Morgan. I think too much alliteration can make a name sound cartoonish (e.g. Lois Lane, Mickey Mouse) so I'd personally want to avoid those kinds of names.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
My favorite names with Miller are

Iris (!!), Violet, Luna
Isaac

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Willow and Dexter xx

Another variation on Willow is Willa.

There is a site called Behind the Name. It has a page that randomly generates a name for you. You can put in the gender and surname and a nationality or culture.

This is what I got for you!

Louisette Kshitija!

Severi Stevan!

Seems like your name is popular in any language Steven!

Any way I hope you both have fun in your pregnancy and best wishes for the birth.

Peace

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 01/03/11 11:03 AM.

Linda Heywood

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.