logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TangenT Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hello How do you deal with your stress if your partner brags habitually. My husband rarely brags about himself. But he always brags about his friends when we have a conversation. He also likes to bring up the past stories about his femal friends. It's a kind of customary for him to do so. I think he is not secured, so I've been trying to have a smile and listen to him not to hurt his man's pride. But yesterday, he tried to put me down to compare with his X. I think it's time to fix his habitual bragging. Are there anybody who have experienced with similar issue already? Please give me some advice. Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
He's definitely insecure. Very insecure. But this sounds more than just bragging. Sounds like he's just being an [censored]. He's definitely talking to much. Bringing up things that don't need being brought up.

I think you definitely need to draw the line with your husband. Let him know how he can't talk to you. Bringing up exes is never allowed. It's degrading to you as his wife. He knows better and he's just trying to kill your self esteem.

I think you need to help teach him how to self improve. He needs to understand that his way of speaking only shows people how little he thinks of himself.
Maybe counseling will also help.

Just don't ever accept his putting you down. As soon as he does, cut him off and let him know you won't tolerate it. Good luck.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hello and welcome to the marriage forum! I am the new marriage site editor here at BellaOnline.com. Thank you for your question.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this uncomfortable situation. But Jellyroll is correct in saying that a braggart is someone who is extremely insecure. He brags because he needs to feel good about himself and he isn't getting positive feedback from anywhere else. Perhaps it began in his childhood.

And by putting you down, he is trying to make you feel like he feels inside.

But if I read your post correctly, you stated that he rarely brags about himself. He brags about his friends? And his exes?

What does he say about his friends? How does he brag? Is he bragging because he feels proud of having great friends?

Do you have your own friends? Have you asked him why he brings up his exes? Is he dissatisfied with you or your marriage?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My ex husband, the father of my children, once said to me...

"Who do you think you are, all of my ex girlfriends had degrees in this or that... what do you have? NOTHING!"

I looked at him, and in that very instant, I knew I was far more intelligent than this man would ever be. And I knew, he knew, I knew!

This is a man who when offered the opportunity by me, to have a second wife, as he desired, emptied the garbage over me and smashed up my book case in front of his children.

I am divorced from this man. I do not expect anyone to take such drastic action, but this is what happens when a man discusses his exes once too often.

Linda Heywood

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I suspect there was a lot of underlying resentments and reasons for his verbal torment, Linda. You are a strong, wise woman. I applaud your courage and intelligence!

Your children are so blessed because of you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.