logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tiger
Tiger
Yep, took me alot of WASTED years to figure out my mom could not be there for me. Went through alot of counseling to finally figure out, I have no control over her - only me.

Sometimes it is folks outside the family that are there for you - like my boyfriend.

EVERY day I let him know how much I appreciate him - no matter what he is going through, he can pick up on when I am having a "challenging" day.

I use to be into how handsome or rich a man is. This one is struggling like I am financially, but I would not TRADE him for anyone else smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Connie, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I sometimes think of people I'd like to talk to, but then I think, "Everything I'd have to say is negative, and who wants to hear that sort of thing?" But the fact is that people who really care about you are just glad to hear your voice. Sometimes they can pick you up and have you laughing when you didn't think it was possible. smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Koala
Koala
I guess I feel hurt about my last really close friend not keeping up with me. I was always the one calling and she was always glad to hear from me but I felt like our friendship was one sided. My therapist is always telling me to get out and be with people. She thinks I spend too much time alone thinking. Which is true, I do think about things a lot. I try to stay busy with different hobbies that I enjoy. That does help. I worked for a couple of months this year but my husband didn't like me working as much as he liked the extra money! Plus I was constantly sick. I worked at a day care taking care of the babies and I caught everything. I do miss the babies and taking care of them but the people that I worked for were real jerks so I can't say that I was unhappy to quit and go back to being a housewife!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Conniem, it is HARD to trust folks and I am just like you with females. Either they sleeping with your man or stabbing you in the back smile

But I am sure there are some good ones out there...........

Koala
Koala
Well, I just think it is hard to find a nice person to be friends with!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
They are out there and I guess we just have to keep hoping that we run across some smile

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Girls, I know what you mean. I have one girlfriend and she's as good as gold, but she has 3 kids, works full-time, and still has every friend she's ever made! Needless to say, she doesn't have much time for hanging out. I usually see her a couple of times a year for lunch or something. We talk on the phone maybe once every 2 or 3 months. I love her to death, but it does hurt that she doesn't have much time for me. I understand, but it's hard because I miss her. We used to work together and we were really close back then.

But I don't try to make friends anymore because I don't trust anyone. I've been hurt by everyone I've ever been close to, so I just figure the fewer people I let into my life, the less pain I'll have. I guess that's a sad way to see the world, but that's been my experience. My psychiatrist said I was just picking the wrong people. Please... I very rarely pick them.

Anyway, the way I feel about it all is part of my borderline personality disorder (which is largely responsible for my depression). It's all black and white thinking. No gray in my world. It's good or evil, up or down, black or white. I know better, but that's the way I learned to see things, and it's hard to learn to think a different way, especially when I believe I'm right about things! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Tiger
Tiger
I hear you! I am so over the games and apart from Sylvester and BellaOnline, I keep my distance (LOL).

Maybe when I head home, my daughter and myself can start over and maybe develop something close. Right now, we are trying not to "choke" each other smile SAD!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.