Tiger

Anyone been to Hawaii?

Would love to hear about your travels.

How about living in Hawaii?

How exciting - living on an island paradise...... smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I loved Hawaii but would not want to live there. I visited Oahu with my hiking buddy in summer of 2006 and saw the entire island except for the south shore. My favorite activities there were practicing yoga on a beautiful beach, snorkeling with turtles and hiking a couple of amazing trails. We were meant to go hiking/kayaking in Kaui for 2 days but my trip was cut short so I had to leave early and didn't get to go to Kaui. I hear it's beautiful.

We visited Maui summer of 2009 and saw most of the island. My favorite activities there were riding a harley from Lahaina to Hana (this ride is legendary but to do it on a harley was incredible). We went past Hana and hiked through a bamboo forest to some cool waterfalls, then on the way back we checked out a lava tube, the black sand beach, and stopped for dinner in Paia (best fish tacos on the island).

We also did some snorkeling in Molokini crater, Honolua bay and La Perouse bay. We drove up to Haleakala volcano, hiked/swan around the acid warzone, had shaved ice at Lorraine's, went to a Luau, spent a day sight seeing in Lahaina, and had dinner at Pacifico which was amazing. Loved Maui but would not want to live there (everything is insanely expensive there).

I didn't think this year's trip to Oregon/Washington could be better than that but it was pretty amazing. When are you going?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

ExerciseEditor #645985 11/28/10 11:56 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Monica, thanks for sharing and I can just picture you there. Your description is great.

Me, no not going any time soon. My first stop will be back home to Jamaica (also an island). It has been over 24 years since I have been back.

Elephant
Elephant
Wow, that is cool. I was in Negril before my son was born and had so much fun there. Where in Jamaica are you going? We stayed in Negril but I would love to see the Blue Mountains and stay in Port Antonio if I ever go again. How exciting for you to go back after all this time!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

ExerciseEditor #646306 11/30/10 01:05 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Glad you made it there.

We will probably find a romantic place to stay. With us both being in our 50's - we enjoy the peace & quiet. Port Antonio (way up in the country/lol) is a great spot for this. He went there several years ago, so is familiar with the island thank goodness.

I have never been to the Blue Mountains, but that is something I have always wanted to do as a child.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I lived on Oahu for two years. Sometimes I miss it especially the food and weather. It's beautiful and paradise and all but honestly it can be a hard place to live. If I hit the lotto I'd go back but I'd only live there a few months out of the year. I've never seen so many homeless people in my life not to mention crazy people. I call it island fever. It's a small island and you go stir crazy because you can only go in circles. The first year I was there I was a little stressed because I wasn't working I was living on savings and it's an expensive place to live so I was concerned about my money running out. It took me a while to get over sticker shock at how expensive things are but I tried to live as cheaply as I could. After 9 months I had a job and a little more money so I was able to relax a bit and start to enjoy it but it took a while to get used to living there. I lived five minutes from the beach and every day I would go there and roller blade or just lay on a blanket and read and that was nice.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I enjoyed going to the top of Diamond Head Crater.

Gecko
Gecko
I've been three times, twice in Maui and once in Honolulu (Waikiki Beach). The first time we went to Maui we went on the Road to Hana. Great experience but a whole day thing, very tiring. We also took a few boat rides/cruises. The second time we went to Honolulu. It's a little more for college students, I think. Lots of pubs and bars, good place for winter break. The third time was Maui, and we mostly just laid on the beach and took a couple more boat rides/cruises. Very romantic, very relaxing...

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
K
K
I have not been there ,but i really want to go there. I dream to hold my wedding with my husband on such paradise island.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.