logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
Koala
I lived in Dothan for a year at Ft. Rucker. I loved Alabama but my allergies didn't!

I bet you are ready to get home. It is nice to visit, but always nicer to be home!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
LOL, this is not a "fun" visit but one of trying to keep an income coming in so that I can get another car when I do get back home.

Right now my boyfriend is either walking, taking the bus (when it runs), a cab or a ride.

Not having a car makes it a bigger challenge to get around for job interviews. I did alot of walking (lol), but when BOTH my unemployment and savings ran out - I knew I had to go where I could find a job.

Koala
Koala
We live in the middle of nowhere here...no public transportation at all. No cabs. My older daughter went without a car for a long time. I know she got tired of asking for rides, but I didn't mind.

Hope you can go home soon!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Thanks conniem smile

Yes, it gets old pretty fast - back home I could get around alot better. But where my daughter is located, you have to walk to get the city bus.

And with my temporary job, I have to depend on her to get to it.

I have ALWAYS been "independent" and this is killing me.

But what keeps me going is that it is TEMPORARY and with continued hard work and staying focused I will get back home.

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Okay, Angela--just picked up on your being Phenix City! lol!

Wow! You've been staying with your daughter since July & you're both still living?!! LOL! I love my mom dearly, and would do just about anything for her, but when she was in that wreck on the 3rd of November, I stayed with her for 8 days and nights, and I was almost in tears! We're used to both having our own space, and she was just sick of hurting, and of having me there all the time. But back to you--I'd say that if you've been there that long, you're doing a good job!

I'm very blessed to have a great relationship with my daughter, who is 19. God knew what He was doing when he made Brandi for me. She and I are nothing alike--if we were, I wouldn't like her! LOL! No, I just mean that we wouldn't get along. She's very passive and compliant, and I'm controlling and assertive. We're a mom and daughter made in Heaven! We butt heads every once in a while, but most of the time, we're good.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Kitten:

LOL, glad you caught on.

I used to be the Walking Editor, resigned and then came back as a regular poster "Phenix City".....

Then decided to go back to my "playful" self (the one that got nipped as an editor/lol = yep, those rules, which I totally understand).

My avatar is me, the me that is comfortable in her own "skin" and glad to be comfortable again. I did lose two very special ladies in my Walking Forum when I resigned, Walking Granny & my flower - but I thoroughly enjoyed them while I had them. We were family. I am happy to say that Beetle and Rosie still play the "Word Association" game on that forum. Rosie was not going to, but I begged her to go back and keep Beetle company smile Which she did. Now I am back and play with them as time permits. I am by no means as good at the game as they are, but it keeps me close to my "duo".....

Thanks for sharing about your life - helps me to better understand that EVERY mother-daughter situation is unique. For too many years I felt something was wrong with me. But now I am learning that we have to make each day count with our little darlings, but also know when it is time to get some space in between us (lol).

I am hoping to find another source of income in Phenix City when this temporary job in Orlando ends in March 2011 - if not sooner. Things change at the local university I work at. Of course I would like to be home like yesterday (lol). But working on figuring out a way to bring income into our household - he does not mind, but I am the type that needs to help.

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Angela, I have to ask..."nipped as an editor"? What are those rules you mentioned? I can't get into the admin menu right now, and it's got me freaked out. Hope I'm not getting kicked out! I just love writing, and I really don't want to lose my spot here.

I'm glad you joined us here in this forum. Connie is such a sweet person and it's good to see that you guys have hit it off. smile

I hope the job thing works out for you so you can get back to PC. The economy is so bad here, it's almost a futile task trying to find a job. I'm finishing up training as a medical transcriptionist, but my dream is to have a job as a writer. Maybe someday...

Better get some sleep. Talk to you soon. smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Kitten:

I am at work but had to respond as I don't want you "worrying" - you are okay and I am sure Lisa will get back with you soon. Sometimes the site has "glitches" or we as NEW editors are "clueless" smile

As far as the "nip" part, Lisa has some rules which I totally agree about, but cannot abide by (lol) = so I resigned. I am a "free spirit" and at age 52, finally realizing this. For too many years I have tried to "fit" into whatever slot I felt I needed to fit into.

If no one helps you, give me the details and I will see if I can. I can tell you stories of how many HOURS I spent when I was a NEW editor trying to get stuff posted......

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.