logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#609191 07/04/10 02:48 AM
OP Offline
My lifelong feline companion(Dixie) of twenty years passed away about a year and a half ago, and I have had a difficult time dealing with her passing...she was like a sibling-more than a friend. She had always been there, since I was born. About six months after she died, another cat I knew(Puddy) went missing after being attacked. Everyone was certain she was gone, too. I felt compelled to ask Dixie if Puddy was alright...somehow I knew she would hear me and answer me. She did, and we found Puddy safe and sound the very next day. So I knew Dixie was around, like she'd always been. Then, about a week ago, a cat showed up at my door, wanting inside. I couldn't believe it-she looked just like Dixie, just lighter. She didn't move normally, either. My boyfriend noticed that, too. There was something odd about this cat. A few days later, she walked right up to him like she knew him. And earlier this evening, she walked right through the front gate of our house, like it was hers. I couldn't believe how comfortable she was. It was like she knew me; she even let me pick her up and hold her. I felt like I wanted to cry, she was just so familiar. I wonder, was she my Dixie, reincarnated, or just a really sweet kitty?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
My life long canine partner, was Shelby. No one believed he was 20 years old when he passed. I had been with him since my freshman year in college.

I've always had kids and animals attracted to me, but I've had so many dreams where Shelby is in them, directing me this way or that when looking for answers to other animals I had taken in, say they were missing or feared deceased.

I believe, at least my experience has been that animals share their spirit with us. They are connected on so many different levels.

i believe if we need it, their spirit, guides similar or familiar spirits to our doorstep. I think animals especially aren't as attached to being one thing or another, so their Souls are more flexible in aligning similar Soul vibrations.

I absolutely believe we meet or are met by those animal Souls we have particular attachments to, and in their absense, I believe they provide just as beautiful a channel as when they were here for other animal spirits, or just spirits in general to keep that connection or similar vibration going.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 07/04/10 03:58 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I agree, i believe animals have many lives as well. We have a cat now that just seems like her energy is so familiar. i believe she might be the cat that I had when i was a child.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
What lovely stories! I believe absolutely that our animal friends stay near us in spirit. I had a little Jack Russell Terrier called Spot; he was a starving stray who followed me home one day and decided to stay. He was the most loving and devoted companion until the day he died. Shortly afterwards I moved home and was living close to my older sister, whose 12 year old Retriever-Setter cross became a much loved friend. One day my sister remarked that her dog, Red, seemed to have a new lease of life since I was around, and that night I had one of the most lucid dreams I've ever had. As though floating above them, I looked down on Red and the spirit of Spot running side by side. As I watched, Spot's spirit took a huge leap sideways and entered Red's body. I woke up feeling convinced that Spot had returned to spend some more time with me by joining his spirit to Red's. Much to the vet's amazement, Red lived another 5 years.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
I once had a Himalayan cat named SanLoui (St.Louis) as that is where my other half is from. Loui was a very spiritual little guy. My son was just playing around with casting one day and wiggled his finger at Loui without saying a word. Loui was very afraid and ran under the bed. I caught the action out of the corner of my eye and yelled at my son telling him if he wants to play around play with someone his own size. I was ready to teach a lesson but I think all was well after that. One day I got into a fight with some religious about the fact that the Great Mother was not from the devil as thy thought. The fight was futile and I went home hurting and layed on the bed. I hurt for several days and it even got worse as I am sure that they were praying for my eventual downfall and conversion. Loui hopped up on the bed and immediately onto my chest. He looked deep into my eyes unlike I have ever seen an animal do before. I have to say this as it is exactly what happened. The look was almost seductive and yet very drawing spiritually. He then hopped down on the floor but my pain was gone as soon as I got up from the bed. I didn't know what little Loui did at the time but I did feel much better. About a month or so after the incident Loui started to appear lathargic and quit eating. We took him to the vet but his condition was beyond repair. He finally was unstable walking and breathing so I brought him back to the vet and asked her to put him down. I just hugged him for at least an hour and cried and the vet just left us alone although she had complete and utter understanding of what was happening. I told him that I will see him again and put him gently down on the floor and he went right to the cage that the vet had prepared for him. I don't think I have ever been so remorseful in my life. I was healed and he took it upon himself and now he is dead. I was mad at the Great Mother and God and asked what kind of a plan was that???? After about a month or so I was eating dinner and I felt someone brushing against my leg and I knew who it was. Since then he has visited several times and he made me to know that there is no such thing as death. I get a little emotional about this thing but I just thought I would share with you guys about a little one who will never be forgotten. Blessed Be

OP Offline
Oh, wow. It's so inspiring to hear about loved pets from other pet lovers...Thank you all for your stories!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hmmmmm

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
I lost my two beloved kitties within 8 months of one another -- both to cancer. They were from the same litter and died at 10 1/2 and 11 years old. We were without kittens for exactly two weeks. Then we adopted two more sisters who were 8 weeks old. From the moment we brought them home, it has been eerie how they have each behaved like the two we lost, who both had very different personalities from each other. I am absolutely convinced that our first two kitties live on in the second set. There are just too many coincidences! Knowing this has also made me feel less like I am betraying the first two by falling in love with the second two! When you have a bond like we have to our cats, it remains unbroken, no matter what.

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Kim, that is how I feel about my brother's dog. I swear that little dog is my Boomer that I lost so many years ago. The personality, the way he stares at me, how he stands up on his back feet, waving his paws at me when he is begging for a hug. We can have a houseful of relatives at my brother's house and everyone remarks how Brother's dog always sits by me and gives me hugs and kisses when he jumps up on my lap. When I have to leave to come home, the little guy stands for hugs and will not let go of me. He wraps his little front legs around my neck and hangs on so tightly. Every time I get in the car with the dog in the back seat, he searches in my pocket for a treat, just like my Boomer used to do.

Pets are such a joy!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I totally believe in pet reincarnation.

Though I've yet to see my beloved pet return to me! I hoped for years, but so far, she's chosen to not make an appearance.

Though I do dream of her.

This is her as a puppy - I had her in my life from the time I was 15 until I was 30.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.