Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Hi, everyone!

I hope you're all having a great week!

I just added an article entitled: "Physical Intimacy and Depression." The title sounds a little silly, but Bella doesn't allow words that will get us blocked by certain filters, so it has to be G rated.

You can check out the article at:
BellaOnline's Depression Site

Feel free to comment on the article, or anything else you'd like to talk about! I'm looking forward to hearing from you! smile

Take care of you!
Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
U are funny - but you are saying what is correct. Even the 3 letter word that goes after "smarta--" got block (lol).

I had to edit and use "smartpants" instead. But it does allow the 3 letter word that begins with s and ends in x. Interesting indeed.

Depression does affect intimacy with me, but I make an effort as life is so short and you NEVER know how much longer you have with your "sweetie".....

As the saying goes "act" like you are in the mood and before you know it, you will smile

Works with me as believe me, I am challenged daily with "sadness" due to my past, but like you learning to work past it.

Each day makes me stronger and wiser.

As usual, a GREAT post - Tks!

Last edited by Phenix City; 11/18/10 08:57 PM.
Koala
Koala
Hey Kitten, great article. I know my husband and I will be intimate for a while and then it seems like we take a break and getting intimate again makes you wonder why you waited so long! Right now we are on a break. But the holidays are upon us and they are hard for me. I started seeing my therapist again this week.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Conniem, holidays can put "intimacy" on hold and add "stress" to our lives. Congrats on starting to see your therapist again. I have been there and sometimes it helps us to remain SANE in the midst of our "crisis/strees"......

Koala
Koala
I am off to see my therapist late this morning. Last week I told her usually I am a "sad" depressed and I am a "angry" depressed right now. I don't know which is better! Both things I am upset about I can't do anything about so I guess I just need to get over it!

~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Conniem, getting over is easier said than done. I hate it when people say "forgive" - not easy for me. I tend to get hurt very easily and now at age 52 find myself "distancing" myself from situations at the first sign of "toxicity".....

I use to be jealous of people like my 23 year old daughter that do "forgive" - if she could not do this, she would not be talking to me (lol).

I am so glad to see you are seeking help - that is the first step towards getting help.

Koala
Koala
I think after so many things happen that you do try to protect yourself. This summer I made a walking friend that turned out to be horrible for me. All she did was complain about everything...I mean everything. Never said anything nice. Told me stuff about herself that I didn't need to know! My therapist told me to be careful she didn't drag me down. Luckily she got a new job and I don't hear from her anymore.

One of the things going on in my life is that my sister is causing a major uproar in the family. She has upset my parents and they call me telling me about her. She has to be the center of attention and I have been upset about her. My therapist told me yesterday just because she is my sister doesn't mean I have to like her! I had never thought of that before. I guess I always thought I had to love her because she was my sister.

I am having Thanksgiving at my house instead of going to my moms this year. My parents live 4 1/2 hrs (my sister too) and I just didn't want to have to be there and hear about the drama so I am having dinner for my kids. I think it will be very nice for a change.

~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
I agree with your therapist.

I had to learn that you can still LOVE someone, but dislike what they do. It is FREEING feeling being able to to do that as I felt guilty for not liking someone - well, hating them (lol).

Now I can tell only child, age 23 that I dislike how she treats me, not that I hate her (lol). For a while there I could honestly say I did not want anything to do with her. So much hurt.

But I am learning to treasure the folks in my life that are special.

Koala
Koala
Hope you have a good Thanksgiving tommorow!

~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Thank you and the same to you smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.