Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#644941 11/24/10 03:43 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Do you think that women who are more physically attractive than the average woman enjoy more opportunities in love and life? Read my article. Share your thoughts.

Why Women Envy Other Women

Cassandra George Sturges
Body Image Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Wow, I just read this and it's great. I can totally relate to the first part where you talk about feeling like society is imposing their idea of what a girl is supposed to be like.

I remember being told a lot as a kid that I needed to look and act a certain way because otherwise what would people think. I started breaking free from this in my late teens but increasing my self esteem was not easy especially in my line of work.

Now in my 40's I don't struggle with it like I did in my 20's or 30's. Maybe getting older helps too.

Great article!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is a brilliant article Cassandra, and so true. Society drives the message home that you must be attractive to be worthy. If women ARE to be judged, they should be judged on so many other aspects of their lives!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Cassandra, fabulous article! I am passing it on to several older women that I know and a couple of young women.

As a large woman, my size is my first impression for many people. The ones who judge me by size alone, will always discount me and my various talents. Size is a great winnowing tool; people who can't see beyond it are not destined to be a part of my life.

I remember a friend of my sister-in-law. Every time that we met, she was cold and condescending. She would look at my husband and me, and the thoughts would practically scream from her head. "What in the world does he see in her?" After more than thirty years together, my husband and I are still in a deeply committed relationship. What we have is more precious than jewels. It transcends body size, shape, and saggy-baggyness. Rather than being based on the ephemeral, it is based on respect and caring.

Thank you for writing this article. In our age of surface glitz, it goes deeper.

Connie

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Tiger
Tiger
LOL, I use to envy other women but now at age 52 I have gotten so comfortable in my skin - doesn't happen anymore & I am so GLAD smile

[quote=Angela J. Shirley]LOL, I use to envy other women but now at age 52 I have gotten so comfortable in my skin - doesn't happen anymore & I am so GLAD :) [/quote] it is great good luck

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi All,

As I am 40 but look like I'm in my early 20's and skinny, I have to say that this sucks smile. I am always getting hit on by men and I never get the job I want due to some other woman telling me I will take the attention off her so therefore I will not be hired. It is so hard and that in itself lowers my self esteem. So pretty girls don't always get the fun. Being blonde doesn't help either as the "Blondes have more fun and are ditzy" thing. I am very intelligent and I have common sense. My boyfriend tries all the time to boost me and I normally don't let it bother me but there are days it drives me crazy; so I keep thinking positive. I can't wait for the day I feel comfortable in my skin.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
Well, I have some good news for all us women. Good men that I have met have said that it is not what they look like that attracts them. It is...are you ready for this... Confidence! That is the sexiest attribute a woman can have. And it's true because I have gained weight but I stil get more looks than I ever did in my 20's, why? Because I know who I am and what I have to offer. And men respond to that. Of course I'm not saying that being healthy isn't important...it absolutely is. But what size you are isn't the mark of how beautiful you are.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Great article! I have to say one nice thing about getting older is that I am now more focused on improving myself for my health and how I feel about myself, rather than what anybody else thinks about it.

I think confidence is important and we can all make the best of whatever we are given. Exercise, eating right, creating habits that make us healthier is bound to make us feel better about ourselves.

Shark
Shark
Cassandra, great Article, Usually it is really dis interesting for me to read a 400-500 word article, but when it came to your article, i was compelled to read it. It was about the basic nature of women and society's outlook towards a women. I think the facts that you've written are totally true and a woman's biggest enemy is another women itself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.