Next Thread
Print Thread
#642265 11/13/10 10:02 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Water most often represents the feminine, unconscious or subconscious, emotional, intuitive and psychic aspects of the personality. Here are some ideas to get you started as you investigate what your dreams of water are trying to tell you!

Dreaming of Water

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Since I was around 5 years old, I have had a dream of being chased by an old man with a cane through the woods and finally I reach a lake and I have to either allow him to catch me or jump in; before I can decide I always wake up. Even as an adult I have had this dream...it seems I had the dream weekly when I was a child. I love being near water but not in the water. I don't know what the old man represented to me as a child or as an adult. I kinda think he is a problem or situation of some type and one day I will have to decide (face the music)regarding something. Confusing.

I have always understood that different parts of ourselves are the characters in the dream. If I had that dream I would ask myself what the old man represents? Is this the wisdom part of you? And is the child being chased avoiding taking on board the message from the wise part? Seeing it is part of you, you don't have to be afraid of it, just go into a relaxed state and ask the old man what he wants? Is he trying to save you from yourself jumping into a risky venture or the unknown without being careful?

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Originally Posted By: mahunter2127
Since I was around 5 years old, I have had a dream of being chased by an old man with a cane through the woods and finally I reach a lake and I have to either allow him to catch me or jump in; before I can decide I always wake up. Even as an adult I have had this dream...it seems I had the dream weekly when I was a child. I love being near water but not in the water. I don't know what the old man represented to me as a child or as an adult. I kinda think he is a problem or situation of some type and one day I will have to decide (face the music)regarding something. Confusing.

Hi Everyone...I know I said I was leaving but I stopped by just to say hi. I have a lot of work at the moment and have been trying to focus on that. That being said....I saw this post and had a few thoughts.

A body of water usually always represent our "emotional life". To see an "old man ' that constantly chasing you may be that you have the inherent knowledge or wisdom in regards to making decisions that involve your emotional life, and this aspect of yourself, the wise man, is there, but you do not always listen. You like being "near the water" but not IN the water, suggesting that you might like you life the best when your emotions get engaged but you just don't want to be restricted by any kind relationship that requires "diving in" or being involved with 100% of your being. It;s not "facing the music" as you put it, if you decide to GIVE and LOVE unconditionally at some point .

I think the dream is about just LOVING others uncontionally without any fear that you won't get rewards, be returned fairly and won't get hurt. Just dive in.

:)just my thoughts.
TL

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Very insightful, travellight. It is good to hear from you again.

Deanna, great article! I love reading your articles that are always insightful and helpful.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.