Next Thread
Print Thread
#641846 11/11/10 03:14 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi readers. Welcome to Bellaonline Quilting Forum. You can make your comments here and share ideas with others.

I am involved with quilting for charity and get a great deal of satisfaction from my efforts.

Do you have any ideas for quilting for charity, or have you heard of others doing different quilting work for their communities.

Tell us about it. We'd love to hear.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Quilting for charity, My friend and I formed a quilting group at our church to bring together all ages and levels of quilters to create beautiful quilts, to then auction the quilt off and use the proceeds to go directly to one of our partnerships at church. Our first choice was grade school that our church body has a partnership with.This grade school is in one of the lowest income areas of our city. There are families from our church who attend this school, as well as work at the school. All of the quilt;the top the batting the backing and the quilting was all donated, both in time and materials.We gather fabrics from many different sources, so that the actual cost of the quilts stay low. We have a friend who has a long arm quilting machine and she has agreed to quilt any raffle or auction quilt for free. We have gathered not only great materials, but great support from family and friends who continue to give so that the we as a church body can give back to the young students and their families. So, 100% of the proceeds went directly to needed families and their children who attend this inter city school. The raffle raised $450.00 and was used to buy new pillows for the childrens' beds, as well as new sheets and blankets for those who needed them. I am now working with the owner of a coffee house to display our next raffle quilt.Having a raffle quilt on display in our neighborhood is exactly what we need, to enlist the support of our neighbors in a way that is non threatening. For the price of a raffle ticket they could win a quilt valued over $700.00 and aid in support of a needed family. Win-Win.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Wow! Bunny53 that is totally awesome!! I think we all could attempt something like that. For me, I think getting businesses to display your quilt would be the hardest of the process. How did you do it?

I'm going to take this idea to my group and see what they think.

Thanks Bunny53 for your contribution. Fantastic.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.