Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That color combination is beautiful. How did you do the clasp?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Thanks, lcp. The beads are size 6.0, pearl iridescent. I have not finished the length yet. I will sew on a button that has the same iridescent colors then make a loop using size 11 seed beads to catch the button. I will take another picture to show here when I have the clasp on.

How are your projects coming along? And the wedding? When is the big day? I know you have been working hard on this and I am anxious to hear how it all turns out.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 11/08/10 11:48 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you for asking. The wedding was this past Saturday and everything went very well. While we were unloading on Friday, we had 2 curious cows come over the watch. The hawks were out and calling to us. The staff at the farm were awesome! It drizzled rain Friday and Saturday morning, but cleared completely in time for the ceremony outside in front of the pond.

We received many compliments on the decorations and the food was outstanding. We decorated with silk fall leaves, pumpkins, pine cones and a few bronze colored mums, with tons of candles. The party barn at the farm had 6 wagon wheel chandeliers. We made Grapevine wreaths to attach underneath and had leaves on clear fishing line dangling down. That was a unique touch everyone commented on. Other than my breaking one of the toasting flutes, everything went quite well. Of course we had a back up, but I'm glad I was the one who broke it. My daughter forgave me and I've already ordered a replacement.

I didn't even take my camera out of the bag, but my cousin was the photographer. She and her husband took about 2000 pictures. I can't wait to see them.

As for beading projects, I have to get all the wedding stuff organized and put up. My work table is stacked about 2 ft tall right now, but I am itching to get started. As soon as I get back from Florida that is. We had planned to visit a few days with my MIL after the wedding, but much of it will be at the hospital visiting my Aunt who lives nearby. The day after my return, I'll be helping with the Native American Celebration, Nov 19 at Kings Bay Submarine Base. Looking forward to seeing all my Cherokee of GA friends!

My beads and leather will have to wait patiently for 2 more weeks, and yet another project has been added to my list - a ribbon shirt for my new Son in Law. He's an Eagle Scout and I need to find a pin or badge to include on it. They will be coming down for the April Pow-wow and I want to have it ready for him.

Hey Beetlemess - do you know where I can get one of those?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
OP Offline
lcp, the wedding ceremony and reception must have been lovely. The way you describe the decorations paints a vivid picture in my mind. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I love the idea of the fishing line suspending the autumn leaves. That really created a wonderful mood I bet.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Yikes... An Eagle medal ain't easy to just come upon. Sure you might find one on ebay, but could pay a hefty price. Could always look into a patch or a lapel pin (available through the BSA Scout Shop or almost any second party dealer). Scout Shop Eagle stuff can be accessed at a local Scout HQ or on the website: Eagle Scout Stuff
Did see a key chain that could be used/modified. As well as a sterling silver pin, necklace, small lapel pin, Charm... (I just caution that tghe eagle should be silver unless/until he becomes a distinquished eagle & then it can be gold version). What's not to stop him from wearing a Eagle Kerchief in the circle? I don't see anything that would be detrimental to the honor.
As far as my military ribbon project... 4 of 12 complete & starting to work on #5 with the forest green micro's that Phyllis located - Thanks. Whereas I'm using 16/o seed beads, these are more closer to 18/o; but since I'm lane stitching & there is no variation across any horizonal lines, they should work out fine.
Did/Will have to restort to size 15/o's for a metallic gold border on #6 & those beads will go nicely into producing an applique version of Naval Aviator Wings. #2 of the Major product themes.
Did notice that as I progress on the lanes, the later efforts seem to look alot better & I could be inclined to redo the first one.
Using the antique-type micro beads really give the look of late-1800's lazy (lane) stitch with the irregular bead dimensions.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks for the information. My daughter is finding out if I need silver or gold. I guess it's a bit like Navy dolphins, silver vs. gold, not something you want to goof up. I know his parents have his certificate and medal framed at their house. I'm thinking a lapel pins would work if big enough. If not, I can get a patch and try to figure out the placement on the shirt. Now I just need to find a pattern big enough for him. My new SIL is 6'4" The top of my head barely reaches his shoulder.

He grew up in TX, so I want to make a western styled shirt with a collar. Thanks again for the information!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I Can't wait to see a photo of your beaded military ribbons.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Dayum. Snapped two needles last night. That really slowed down the progress. Those beading size 15's are so brittle & any slightest bit of extra tug results in breakage. Not like the larger sized sharps that I use with 11/o & 12/o & takes on a natural curvature (like an upholstery needle).

If the beads aren't laying right, it's easier to crush a bead than to try & backtrack (hoping not to damage the Nymo... yup, did that one already)

-B-
OP Offline
Oh! Hope you have lots more needles. I have had to crush beads to correct errors and that always concerns me. The first time I did that, I broke the thread and had to take out three rows, tie down the loose thread end and start again.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Yuppers. Those glass beads will do a nice slice & dice on the strings, when crushed. Have to always plan ahead just in case.

-B-
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.