Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M

Today, more and more beauty pageants for little girls are being organized and held. Before, the only venue was the school but now, many communities conduct their own pageants for little girls because they believe that this is one way of showing how talented little girls can be.

In schools, beauty pageants are the most common contests for little girls because everybody thinks that this is one entertaining way to get other members of the school to participate. The same can be said when beauty pageants are held in various community-related activities and events.

The good points

Aside from being an easy way to entertain people of almost all ages, beauty pageants for little girls have also a positive effect on the contestants themselves. Some of these advantages include:

1. Boosting the self-confidence of the child. This is actually the major objective of any beauty contest because the organizers feel that when a girl develops self-confidence early on in her life, it will be easier for her to face the challenges of adulthood. Since her beauty and intelligence, as well as talent, would be lauded and acknowledged in the beauty contest, these will help her overcome her transition from girlhood to becoming a teenager, and eventually, a woman.

2. It helps hone the socialization skills of the child. When kids interact with other children in an event such as beauty pageants, the tendency is for the child to develop her socialization skills. Since she has to adapt to different personalities, the child-contestant would be able to understand early on in her life that people are all unique and these characteristics should be respected.

3. It helps develop good communication skills. The most common criterion for beauty pageants is how fluent the contestant is. This will be beneficial for the future role that the winner has to play. Usually, winners of beauty pageants, even for little girls, are given the responsibility to be an "ambassador of goodwill". She can do this well if she knows how to communicate with other people.

4. It instills values into the child. Aside from the prestige that the contestants in beauty pageants for little girls get, they are expected to learn something from it. Aside from respect, the most important values that one can get from contests like these is to learn how to be a sport. Since only one girl can win and take home the title, it makes the child realize that in life, there will be defeats that one has to deal with.

Find out All About Beauty Pageants For Little Girls

Kelly Aveiro
Editor-Moms Site at Bella Online
For Moms Only Advice, Inspiration & Tips For Moms Who Want to Be The Best They Can Be.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I can't say where I worked but i worked with many young rich girls. Alot of these girls were in pageants since they were little and hated it and quite as soon as they could. Reason for leaving were that the girls were snotty, stuck on themselves and treated others like dirt. They even treated their help like dirt screaming at them, etc. I personally would not want to bring up my dtr thinking she was better than everyone else and could not treat people with respect.

Sarah Redhawk
F
Koala
Koala
F
I agree, i don�t feel pagents for little girls are good. I feel the mothers are living out there own dreams and not doing what is best for there child, but for themselves. Thats sad.

Flower
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
I would never, ever, consider encouraging children to see their appearance as such an important matter to be a positive. I just cannot see any benefit in these pageants at all. I admit that I really do despise these kinds of pageants and the way the kids are dressed up and made-up far beyond what is appropriate for their age. I also question any parent who considers it a suitable thing for a child to be doing and from the parents that I have met I have found it to be far more about the parent fulfilling a need than the child. Basically I think parents should leave well alone. If the child comes to them with no prompting whatsoever and says that they've heard about these pageants and would like to enter then have a sensible discussion about what it means, how the winner is chosen (i.e. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and according to trends and stuff like that) and the fact that appearance is by far the least important issue when it comes to knowing happiness. If, however, the parents approach the child with the idea then I don't believe they are looking out for their child. I'm truly sorry if that offends anyone (obviously there are cultural differences with such pageants, I'm not saying any of these parents set out to hurt their child) but I do not think these pageants are right in any way shape or form. If your child has dance ability, musical ability or is particularly artistic in some other way then they can sit 'exams' where they achieve grades, set themselves goals and reach those goals. But they aren't in direct competition with anyone else, just their own potential. Obviously in sport you are in direct competition with others but a smart parent will teach their child about everyone having different natural abilities and how hard work can make the most of the ability you have.

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.