Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
We are

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Just a thought Phyllis but when you are working late,, particularly 2-3am you could always set a chair in front of you and imagine your friend (or put a photograph or other connection there) and tell him how you feel and that he is welcome to take things further if he wants.
As you speak imagine the words coming from your heart chakra and being charged by the throat, one empowering them with your true feelings. This technique works on a subconscious level of the person being contacted, so ask him to do one action if he wants to take things further and another if he just wants to remain friends.

Hope it helps

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Thank you, Ian. I will do this. Thank you for thinking of me and offering some good advice. I have known this man for so long now and consider him such a good friend -- yet he has been with me spiritually for many life times. Your suggestion is a safe way for me to contact him about my feelings. Blessed Be.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 11/07/10 10:55 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Glad you like it. It's a nice subtle technique with many uses. Just make sure you are alone when you use it as I used a variation of this when I was at boarding school to help one of the teachers recovering from a bad car accident in hospital. Apparently the Housmaster's wife saw me in full flow complete with candles and interweaving hand mudras(!) That, combined with my Spellbooks and Aikido practice made her nervous of me for the rest of the time I was there and even to this day

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
I suppose that would be rather startling to someone who does not understand your ways, Ian. I hope the Housemaster's wife has recovered from her shock.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sadly not. Interesting that this should come up in the relationships forum as the relationship between her and me was one I explored as part of my course when I was doing my counselling and hypnotherapy training so I feel happy sharing it here. I did have one or two �occult� books on my shelves in my cubical including �The magic power of Witchcraft�, �The Key of Solomon� and some works by Idris Sha, and a couple of tomes on herbs, shiatsu and energy healing. Several times when I came back from school they were out of their normal order, arranged left to right instead of my usual right to left, which suggested that someone had been looking at them, and she was the only person in the house.
Also when the teacher began to recover in intensive care I was the first person asked about after her family � and she didn�t even teach me. Apparently she�d had weird dreams of waterfalls, forests and �Ian doing things to put me back together�. Needless to say that the housemaster�s wife wasn�t the only one freaked out by this assertion.
The counselling/hypnotherapy class using various styles of therapy, plus the use of the Tarot that I had introduced, suggested that she projected on to me a selection of fears from her past that she had not dealt with. Plus the stresses of trying to co-run a house full of over 30 boys ranging in age from 11 to 18 with all that that entailed. I probably stood out even more because I didn�t drink to excess, smoke, and my girlfriends were all from outside the school, all of which was very atypical.
There were also incidents where I appeared to adjust the foundations of conventional science. The Housemaster was also the head of the biology department and still believed in things such as the human heart rate being a purely autonomic function. This I proceeded to debunk in a class where we took each others pulse by varying it as low as 40 beats per minute for one person, then 70 for the next, and 120 for another person and so on. He got annoyed enough to take my pulse himself several times throughout the lesson and got a different result each time. This is a relatively easy thing to do by using emotion, visualization, and volition, it still weirded him out though.
I don�t think at the time the school provided any sort of support for the boarding staff and this did not help them or the students. The combination of these events and circumstances meant that they did try to make me conform to the norm (whatever that was) through peer and hierarchical pressure. Big mistake as I was more than happy to use them as the subjects for magickal experiments; everything from focussing my voice so that I sounded as if I was right inside their apartment when I had independent witnesses to me being somewhere else entirely, through to using thoughtforms that really did impinge on their consciousness in various ways � such as the feeling of something following them
This combination of intense emotion and psychological pressure actually lead to a �growth spurt� in my magickal abilities as you can see from the above examples and after one term of this the hassle stopped. However the Housemaster and his wife remained wary of me for the rest of my time there.
Nearly two decades later I returned with my wife for the schools� centenary celebrations, having put our names down for the tour and dinner that were part of the event. I met the teacher I had helped, and who was still working part time there before we arrived at the main event. The first thing she said to me after I had introduced my wife was:
�What have you done to poor <Housemasters wife>?�
�Why�? I asked as I got a wifely �look�
�Because she�s up at the reception now, leaping about two foot in the air every time anyone brushes past her and keeps saying �Is he here yet? Is Ian Edwards here yet?!� she replied giving me a suspicious look to counterpoint the one my wife was using.
Made my weekend that did���
So the short answer is no, I don�t think she ever did recover from her shock.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
Amazing story, Ian. Thank you for sharing that.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My pleasure, it is a very important part of my past and the things I learned formed the basis of much of my successes today. The importance of the relationship angle came to the fore in the counselling training and it helped that one of my fellow students was a Witch who helped explain the psychological angle with Jungian references between the inner worlds and shared reality.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
I have followed your suggestion, Ian. I lit my candles and spoke to a picture of him (2:30 in the morning). I now feel I can just let it be, whatever direction it takes from here. It is in the ethereal region.

I have always felt that soul-mates do not spend every life time together physically and I am okay with this if that is the way it is to be.

When I think of him and our lifetimes together, I always whisper:
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Blessed Be

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well done, hope it works out the way you want.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.