Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Hello, everyone!

My new article is entitled "Depression Triggers We Can Control."

Have you accepted situations in your life which are causing your depression? There are some things over which we have no control, but that doesn't include everything. Take control, make some changes, and get happy!

You can read the article at the link below:
BellaOnline's Depression Site

I hope you're all having a wonderful day! smile

Take care of you!
Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Great article! My husband just changed jobs and is so much happier. It is for less money, but just being happy makes it worth it.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
fishYes, sometimes we do have "control" over what is triggering our sadness/depression.

And it is during those times that we have to make the effort to make a change even when we just want to stay in the bed and feel sorry for ourselves.

Read a book about choosing to be in "victimville" and it sure told me about ME - the choices I was making was keeping me in this neighborhood.

Thanks for sharing smile

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Thanks so much for your posts, Connie & Phenix City!

Connie, you're right! That money doesn't make you happy, does it? I left a job making $1.50 per hour more, and returned to my old job a few years ago. With that little bit of extra money came a lot of stress and misery! It was so nice to get back to where I felt comfortable, even though the pay was pathetic! LOL! smile

Phenix City, welcome to our little forum. smile Hope you'll come back to visit again. And I think we're all guilty of contributing to our own problems to some degree. There are things we can do to change our situations, but sometimes it's just easier to stay in "victimville" because that's what we're familiar with. smile Taking the easy way out comes with a price, tho'--depression!

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Tiger
Tiger
fishThank you for the welcome, much appreciated.

You sound so UPBEAT - is this something you work on or does it come naturally?

Koala
Koala
She is just naturally peppy...I always picture her as a cheerleader!

~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
LMAO!! laugh

When I read the posts about my being peppy and upbeat, I had to laugh! NO DISRESPECT INTENDED! I'm so glad you can see me that way because I try really hard to put on my happy face when I'm around people or online. I feel like it's my job on here to try to make others feel better, so I do my best to do that.

I read your posts to Kelley, my husband, and he laughed a little bit with me. My being the editor of the depression site is no accident. I've battled depression since I was 16 years old, and sometimes I feel like I'm losing the battle. My life is not quite as painful as it used to be before Kelley and I got married, so I'm more stable. I'm not medicated right now because of side effects I've had and potential ones from the last med prescribed. When I saw that it could destroy my liver and/or kidneys, I said, "I'll take my chances with my depression and mood swings." Maybe they can try something else when I go back.

But I'm really glad to know that you guys see me as upbeat! As for the cheerleader thing, Connie, I also try to be encouraging, so maybe that's my inner cheerleader coming out! smile

Thanks so much to all of you for your posts! Keep them coming! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Tiger
Tiger
fishKitten, thanks for being open with us. If you can do, so can we smile

Originally Posted By: Kitten - Depression
LMAO!! laugh

When I read the posts about my being peppy and upbeat, I had to laugh! NO DISRESPECT INTENDED! I'm so glad you can see me that way because I try really hard to put on my happy face when I'm around people or online. I feel like it's my job on here to try to make others feel better, so I do my best to do that.

I read your posts to Kelley, my husband, and he laughed a little bit with me. My being the editor of the depression site is no accident. I've battled depression since I was 16 years old, and sometimes I feel like I'm losing the battle. My life is not quite as painful as it used to be before Kelley and I got married, so I'm more stable. I'm not medicated right now because of side effects I've had and potential ones from the last med prescribed. When I saw that it could destroy my liver and/or kidneys, I said, "I'll take my chances with my depression and mood swings." Maybe they can try something else when I go back.

But I'm really glad to know that you guys see me as upbeat! As for the cheerleader thing, Connie, I also try to be encouraging, so maybe that's my inner cheerleader coming out! smile

Thanks so much to all of you for your posts! Keep them coming! smile

Koala
Koala
So I am really late here chiming in! Life has been busy lately, but I couldn't tell you what I was doing. I like coming here, it is easier to talk about how I feel or things here with people that understand depression. At first my husband couldn't understand depression. He thought I should just be able to get over things. I think the longer I suffer the more understanding he becomes. He was the first to suggest a therapist. My mom always tells me to get my medicine changed. I have taken a lot of medicines over the years and what I am taking now helps. I just think I have to change the way that I look at things and I just know I am going to be depressed at certain times. Our oldest son died 2 years ago August (on my birthday). He was born on Christmas so that pretty much makes any holiday suck. This year my gramma died the day after my birthday. I loved her so much and still miss her tons. I am tearing up just writing this. Anyway, I am going to stop here! Thanks for listening everyone!

~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Conniem, I am so SORRY!!!!

You have every right to "tear up" - that is alot to deal with.

WE are here whenever you need to talk.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.