logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I've been single for over 10 years after being married collectively for 36 years. I say collectively because I was married 3 times. Each divorce was needed, and each marriage seemed to promise the storybook life every woman wants. Sadly it didn't turn out that way. I'm happy to say, though, I've come through this with flying colors.

Things that I have found positive about being single.

1. I can have my own friends without them being ridiculed, although I was expected to be hostess with the mostess for his friends. (Hubby #1 & 2)

2. Finances are my own responsibility and I love it. My credit rating has continually climbed since my last divorce. He constantly was over spending, not paying bills on time...what a disaster. (Hubby #3)

3. I no longer have to fear my beloved pets being abused when I'm not home. (Hubby #3)

4. I no longer need to fear being beat by a drunken spouse (Hubby #1,2,&3)

5. I can pursue things that interest me. Example, I went back to college and got my degree last December. When I tried to return to school while married to hubby #3 he faked a heart attack to make me quit.

6. I can try cooking new foods without someone telling me they were going to go to McDonalds if I served them "that garbage"

Funny thing, my boys were never an issue between my first hubby and I. His second wife didn't want them around so I got them 100% of the time. He's now married to his 3rd wife and we are all friends. Believe it or not they come from a different state each year for my grandson's birthday party. It's nice to be friends after all we went through but I don't ever intend to have anyone have control over me again. I'll be retiring in a couple years and will live my life out for MY family.

In all fairness, if my first hubby and I had stayed married I'd probably be ok with it at this point. It would have been 46 years this year. But as life opened up for me, a secure marriage was never in my future. I'm sure there are life lessons I've needed to learn, hopefully I've learned them.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
"5. I can pursue things that interest me. Example, I went back to college and got my degree last December."

Good for you, Granny.

I like the fact that I am independent and can do what I want when I want. Not that I am selfish, I just like living with my own schedules.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Amoeba
Amoeba
Haha... isn't it great to eat in bed without someone yelling about the crumbs? =)

Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm a tidy freak... living alone helps me keep my sanity. Dirty socks on the kitchen counter was enough to make me break out in hives and a cold sweat! Wet towels on the bathroom floor aren't there anymore so the bathroom door now opens all the way. I have nobody to answer to - when I'm going, coming, or simply staying in. There is only my dog to answer to and she never complains as long as she gets her Teddy Bear cookie snacks. -LISTEN- -CAN YOU HEAR IT?- -ITS SILENCE- Ahhh, the peace of living alone. Gotta love that part! The blankets are MINE ALL MINE!! No arguing, tugging or groaning sounds in the middle of the night coming from the other side of the bed when I wrap completely up in the covers. For me, life just seems to WORK better when I am single. I can write, surf message boards, go for long walks, spend hours painting, eat what I want - when I want, go anywhere I want - anytime I want... The toilet paper roll is NEVER empty... And LAST but not LEAST............ THE TOILET SEAT IS ALWAYS DOWN unless I am cleaning it!! Yay-Rah!! Life is GOOD!

J
J
there are lots of reasons to enjoy being single. like being enjoy life as you may go anywhere. But there are also reasons to get married and have kids. You cannot get both worlds.

N
N
I am single now after 3 years relationships ,anyway ,although peole around me are pairs,i have ever envy them ,and sometimes,i have tried dating with guys ,finally ,we were ended after several days contact on net ,we two are busy with work,we are both afraid of being injury ,we are both...there are too much reasons ..,now ,I'm learning what makes me happy, and growing on my own. I am living by myself ,yeah ,Relationships can be wonderful, but, so is single life. enjoy single life ,love yourself .

N
N
:wall:but ,anyway ,i also look forward to meet my better half someday .wish you all happy .

Last edited by necklace; 12/16/10 06:18 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
I can tell you the one thing I love about it is I can do what ever I want in my home such as decor and renovations without having to ask jack to anyone!!

Let my sweet loving dog hop into bed with me without anyone yelling or whining about it.....LOL

Proud Pagan
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cy_Single_Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.