Next Thread
Print Thread
#637286 10/19/10 07:50 AM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
If you haven't already seen the clip, take a moment to Google it. It was an explosive episode of "The View" last week when Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar walked off the set because Bill O'Reilly made the statement that Muslims killed us on 9/11. They believed O'Reilly was speaking of all Muslims...I'm sorry but commonsense would tell you he wasn't. It seems talking "PC" has really gotten out of hand. Do you believe O'Reilly was wrong or were "The View" ladies wrong for walking off the set?

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
I believe the women were wrong. In their business as talk show hosts, they should be prepared to face different opinions and even subjects that they are completely against. They knew his political stances. They invited him on the set and then walked out on him because he used a phrase that they considered inappropriate. They are hosts and hosts do not abandon their guests. I wonder if they were planning this beforehand. Did they agree that if he stated something not "PC" that they would leave? They made themselves look like immature grade schoolers.

I do not like politics and usually avoid discussions on it, but this involves decency, politeness, and honor which we claim that America is loosing and then we set such horrible examples.

Gecko
Gecko
I watched the clip and I think the women were totally out of line. They did not allow him to answer when they began to pounce on him, they were unprofessional, and quite childish. How on earth do they think that some of us would ever consider their viewpoint when they act more like a child than my 2 year old grandson? Barbara Walters was correct when she said this is what shouldn't happen. Ms. Walters, no matter whether she agrees or disagrees is a total professional. The other two, well ... they should draw their final paycheck and go home.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I saw the clip; I have not ever sat through the show but some of these shows always end up being shouting matches.

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
One of the important things to point out, too, is that the show is called "The View." That means all views are supposed to be freely expressed!

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
C
Shark
Shark
C
Goldberg and Baher just lost the right to debate politics on National Television, because noone will take them seriously after this.

Cindy L Merrill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.