R

Sponsored Post Advertisement
RoAsh #628502 09/13/10 07:16 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
No appologies necessary, really.

I've been in this situation, exactly, but it wasn't with a step mom, it was my ex-husband and his wife, I had already remarried and they both acted like little children. The arguements, Oh MY GOSH!!!.. Stupid, just stupid stuff about clothing whether or not the safety seat was too far off to one side or in the middle, our daughter taking too long to put her shoes on and the screaming, you bet. He would follow me around and our daughter saying just awful things, like "You won't see daddy again if you don't get your *^&* shoes on fast enough." Monster...when I think back to it.

They both acted rightious and immature and honestly, they enjoyed the drama and plotted together, pushed buttons, it was a real mess.

I tried a few things before I ended up moving altogether. My mistake was moving closer to my daughter's father so he could see her more often. He always said he didn't have enough time for her. So I figured, it's 5 min. away. Maybe he would see her after work more eaily.

I fianlly set it up where he wasn't allowed in the house anymore,, to cut down on the time he could get comfortable and start in on us. I would bring Lauren out to the car. It worked for a little bit until he couldn't handle himself anymore and he and his wife would just start shouting from the car.

Then I actually got the police involved so when we had weekend exchanges, the police were there to supervise. The thing is all of this really ends up raising anxiety in the children.

From there, it was suggested from police to pick up and drop off at a neutral area. We chose McDonalds. Kids love going out to eat and it's a happy place. So there was something to look forward to. That actually helped. You dont stand around though and wait for permission to go back to the house, you just hug your daughter and depending how old she is either walk her in or wait until you see the hsuband or wife and know she made it in and then get in your car and go.

Depending on how psychological all of this is on the BM's part, she may get a hair and take you back to court. Whether you've done something wrong or not, that's allowed for any reason. Divorce is a huge money maker in the court system down the line on so many levels, everyone has a piece of it and they don't have lifestyles there where they can afford to turn away, tedious court money makers. Family dysfunction pays for their golf greens and country club fees.

You could ask for an amended divorce contract though and go in level headed and just ask that, because of the outbursts you want it in writing that any exchanges (pick up/drop off) with SD you would like to see on neutral grounds at such and such day and time beginning on X-day.

This is almost a book on the subject, but I have one word that unfortuanately will sum up all of this in an instant,

"Jealousy."

To them, there are no rules and boundaries in expressing themselves because their jealousy makes them feel entitled to their anger and they don't care who it hurts because to them you for breathing and happy hurt them because they are miserable.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 09/13/10 07:35 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
C
C
Sounds like the ex is feeling threatened by you. Her tantrums make her sound very insecure. Disengage. I'm not sure (yet) if you have to tell her anything at this point. Keep things short and sweet at your end. Kill her with kindness. Set up future situations where you're not stuck having to listen to her for long periods of time. If she insists, offer your e-mail then. Keep her emails as a paper trail. You may need it in the future. An argument is a two-sided street. The only thing you have the power to control is how YOU handle this situation.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 08:19 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.