Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#626573 09/08/10 08:52 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
fishHi Everyone!

I am looking for some ideas on some FREE stuff to give away on my blog.

Any ideas to pass my way? Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
Hey! I don't know if you are looking for free stuff as in psychical or not, but.. You can find a lot of free ebooks at [url=http://free-ebook-download-links.blogspot.com/]. Those can be passed on either through direct links or by downloading/uploading at your own site. Hope that is [i]something[/i] of value :)

Last edited by Yea97; 09/15/10 07:53 AM.
Yea97 #628975 09/15/10 09:27 AM
Y
Y
I don't know if something is wrong with the forum atm, but the url code etc. are displayed in the post. Does not look like that in preview, but oh well :) Anyway, I know that you did not exactly ask for this, but I would like to offer you some advice on some visual aspects on your blog. Hope that's ok :) First of, it is easier for the human eye to organize and connect to content when you apply strong contrasts. This is because it naturally attempts to seperate objects from eachother. I feel that your content kind of blends "into eachother" because of your choice of colours. In general, you want your headline(s) to be in contrast to your text. As you are using quite similar shades of blue in most of intro page that makes it a bit difficult to get into reading. I would therefore suggest that you opt for a darker blue or a another colour on your headline, maybe one that resembles the dark three colours in your header picture? Such a change would create a more distinct focal point around your picture, and secondly let's your visitor "get into" your site faster. Otherwise, the colours used on your main text is easy to the eye and no problem. :)

Last edited by Yea97; 09/15/10 09:40 AM.
Yea97 #630191 09/18/10 03:41 PM
B
B
Recipies ...?

Yea97 #640952 11/07/10 10:48 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thank you for taking the time to respond smile

Originally Posted By: Yea97
Hey!

I don't know if you are looking for free stuff as in psychical or not, but..

You can find a lot of free ebooks at [url=http://free-ebook-download-links.blogspot.com/]. Those can be passed on either through direct links or by downloading/uploading at your own site.

Hope that is something of value smile

Yea97 #640953 11/07/10 10:49 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Sometimes the site has glitches which sometimes goes away.

Originally Posted By: Yea97
I don't know if something is wrong with the forum atm, but the url code etc. are displayed in the post. Does not look like that in preview, but oh well smile

Anyway, I know that you did not exactly ask for this, but I would like to offer you some advice on some visual aspects on your blog. Hope that's ok smile

First of, it is easier for the human eye to organize and connect to content when you apply strong contrasts. This is because it naturally attempts to seperate objects from eachother. I feel that your content kind of blends "into eachother" because of your choice of colours. In general, you want your headline(s) to be in contrast to your text. As you are using quite similar shades of blue in most of intro page that makes it a bit difficult to get into reading. I would therefore suggest that you opt for a darker blue or a another colour on your headline, maybe one that resembles the dark three colours in your header picture? Such a change would create a more distinct focal point around your picture, and secondly let's your visitor "get into" your site faster. Otherwise, the colours used on your main text is easy to the eye and no problem.

smile

brandan #640955 11/07/10 10:51 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Not sure what you are sharing smile

Originally Posted By: brandan
Recipies ...?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.