Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
A few weeks ago I posted on self defense. I mentioned how the current administration is transferring power/authority from Congress to different Agencies, by-passing debate and the vote process. Again, I am not being political. It's not my intention to debate or support any sides of an issue, but to inform as best I can.

Recently the Environmental Protection Agency proposed a ban on lead in ammunition, based on possible contamination from spent ammo. Almost all traditional ammunition contains some lead. This ban would significantly increase production costs, and dramatically increase the price of ammunition.

Several groups have worked towards a complete ban on all weapons in the US. This has already been done in England and Canada, but it's much harder to accomplish with the 2nd Amendment in our Constitution. In the years since guns were turned in or confiscated in England, they have not experienced the reduction in crime and injury anticipated. The "Bad Guys" still get guns. Canada's ban confounded me, considering their vast wilderness areas with dangerous animals.

In the past, weapon regulation on a national level was a legislative issued handled by Congress. It's been stated by some the EPA's proposed regulation banning lead in ammo is a "backdoor" attempt at gun control. If bullets are significantly more expensive, fewer can afford them, rendering many guns useless without ammo.

Information about this proposed ban was made known, resulting in large opposition. For now, the ban has been put on the "back-burner," and EPA activities are being monitored. As stated in my previous post, agency regulations may be in place before we know about them, and it almost happened with this. If ammunition is part of your self defense preparations, consider addressing your supply immediately.

Whatever your chosen method of self defense, become proficient with it. This bears repeating! Do not rely on protection measures for which you are not trained and skilled.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Was reading through some news articles from various resources and found another example of how new EPA regulations may be used to by-pass Congress.

With many in Congress reluctant to support "Climate Change" legislation which include taxes for energy consumption, regulations through the EPA are being drafted, based on protecting the environment by reducing pollution. The drafts have not been released, so be on the look-out. Remember these regulations are not voted on my Congress. They have no oversight other than by the courts, but only if challenged.

Whether it's a bill in Congress or a new regulation at the EPA, it's all in the wording. These regulations may appear to be targeting polluters. But how is the word "polluters" defined? If it's defined as excessive consumers, who defines what is excessive? Anything that refers to "consumers" in one way or another eventually refers to us all.

Please pay attention, educate yourself and prepare. It's not just important for when a crisis strikes. In taking care of these 3 things, even without the talents and abilities other possess, you may be able to discern when things begin to build up and can respond pro-actively.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I wanted to put this down while it's here with me. i remember posting, people thinking they need fire arms and my words were na-ah...they'll want amunition.

Amunition is a back door way, believe it or not, by eliminating it, the politicians stay safe against the arms activists/votes, etc. It's a barganing tool they came up with behind the lcosed doors. This is why amunition more than arms came through.

There's some organization that parts the waters with this issue as well.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Elleise, you posted about ammunition on 8/11 on the companion topic. Yet Another Validation! There are organizations and individuals keeping an eye on things in DC. The more they look, the more they find. However, that would hold true for any period in our Country's history. The difference now, our instant communication abilities make what they find more easily publicized to the citizenry.

Each of us has the ability to be better informed and involved. Hopefully, we'll continue to receive validations, especially on the organizations "parting the waters," and keeping us informed.

My meeting with the Emergency Management Director is tomorrow afternoon. I'll post afterwards. I'll be spending the morning getting centered for NO slip ups with the words Dream or Vision.

Last edited by lcp012586; 09/06/10 08:29 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
If they are transfering congress' power, does that mean they aer getting rid of congress and if so, doesn't that put it more on a dictatorship, to an extent, without having a congress to approve or disapprove?

Tru;y haven't any clue. I know what I feel, but having the right terms, they just aren't there.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Our federal government was set up with a system of checks and balances. The power was split between Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court. It's been many years since I studied this. If I get a part wrong, someone PLEASE correct me.
Congress drafts and passes legislation. The Court ensures they are in standing with the Constitution and the President's main responsibility (as I understand it) is management.

I think there are actually 2 things going on here. For well over a decade, many have commented on Federal Courts taking on more of the legislative process, rather than remaining neutral in their rulings. Basically saying you can't do this, but you can do that, or this is how WE intrepret this case. The problem, there is no WE in the Constitution. This can alter Congress' original intent for the legislation, or influence alterations. I was taught the Court was to rely solely on the Constitution, not exerting influence on Congress and the creation of legislation or the President.

The Office of the President can increase its power through its many agencies. This has been going on for a while. If you want something done and Congress won't support it, find an Agency that's somehow related and enact regulations, rather than passing laws. This increases the President's scope of powers and control. You can't get rid of Congress, but its power and relevance can be reduced.

I've been re-learning about government over the last year. I honestly don't think the Presidential branch was suppose to have all these agencies. It can shift the balance of power that was so well thought out by truly visionary men. The purpose of a government of 3 branches with checks and balances was to prevent power/authority becoming centralized within one branch.

Webster defines Dictator as "a ruler with absolute power and authority." I think a dictatorship/monarchy was precisely what our Founding Fathers were set on avoiding.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My meeting this afternoon with the Emergency Management Director went VERY well! We discussed several points of crisis preparation and security. He even took notes! YEAH!
(hear it, write it, remember it)

He "jumped on" a few of the ideas and suggestions I had prepared, and I volunteered to help with organizing information after my daughter's wedding in November. He grabbed the copy of my brochure and a company pen too. Other crises were discussed broadly, but I did feel comfortable enough with our line of discussion to address those fleeing the near-by large city in cars and on foot. I also asked about the legality of cordoning off the interstate and 2 other main roads for a County Lock-down, and included local resources to minimize manpower requirements for this.

I arrived a little early and acknowledged it, was dressed professionally, and had a check list of topics which I referred to. There was a clock on the wall and I made sure we didn't run but a few minutes over the hour scheduled.

I was certainly NOT dismissed and thanked a few times. I left saying that as soon as I get my daughter married, I'd get back with him to see how I could help. It was a very positive meeting and I'm so proud, I didn't slip up, not once!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Preparing our children for a crisis is very important. The goal is not to scare, but prepare. My parents were awesome at this. My Father grew up on a little farm and my Mother grew up quite poor. I am so fortunate that both are extremely creative and resourceful.

Growing up, every vacation or get-away was a camping trip. We started with a large tent and then upgraded to a pop-up camper. We also cleared a portion of the yard for a garden. I learned by example how to use what's available and to be creative in using what I have for various needs. I'm also blessed with a husband who is very creative and practical.

As a single parent, living in a rural area, I shared these skills with my daughter as an adventure. We built tents and lean-to's, learned to fish and catch crabs. We observed and learned as our neighbor planted and cared for the huge garden in front of our house. We took time to watch animals (we had many) and to watch the sky and weather. When I married, we continued these activities. We did many "experiments" to see what we could learn together.

A child's brain is a sponge and they should be included in our preparations in a positive way. With 24/7 news coverage of bad things happening all over the world, our children can be affected. But we can take those frightening images and use them to not only teach, but also provide a sense of security through preparedness. If your child sees something scary, it's reassuring to know their parents have a plan. Explain the plan on their level and ask them to help in some way.

Play doctor to teach first aid on baby dolls and teddy bears. Teach your children to cook safely and let them prepare a meal for everyone to enjoy. Baking is a great way to learn about fractions. Do experiments and learn together. These activities promote curiosity, a desire to learn, and provide a sense of accomplishment. They teach trouble-shooting skills and foster creativity.

When we start out with them young, we can impress with all that we know, but also show by example that learning something new is important. These lessons will be retained, even through the teenage years, when parents "don't know anything."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Congratulations!!!! And very, VERY, well done.

It won't always be this difficult to bring about unconventional information to the table. I actually see a time where, they actually implement it in business, gov't and even cirriculums of study in the future.

Your logical approach is perfect! We're still in that go-between stage where people are still having not only to break ground, but undo some of the harm scam artists left behind with quick money.

I find I can slip in information, through a side door myself, by starting on a topic that's of concern to the people involved and ease the tidbits in subtley.

I have only had to approach professionally one time, other than that I'm usually in cut off jean shorts and a T-shirt. But I had an overhead projector and a nice full-length skirt and blouse. So, you're right about presentation.

To be honest, if I never had to wear shoes, I'd be just fine with that...but "hippy-chic" doesn't go over too well when you are trying to make that logical deduction of the information you do have coming through as well as a solution.

It isn't being correct or shocking people around you that's the brass ring to all of this, it really is, as you've proven, the ability to work behind the scenes to help as many people as possible, avoid as much unecessary chaos, discomforts and harships, as humanly and spiritually possible smile

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 09/08/10 07:01 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is how I spent my daughter's early years with her - diaper and all sitting in the garden while I weeded and plucked off what I taught her as, "Nature's Candy" (those sweet cherry and grape tomatoes).

From there we grew pumpkins, squash, peppers, cucomber's and herbs. We dried the seeds and the herbs and by the time she was 3, she was placing them in glass bottles and labling them.

We camped outside, collected timber, composted and did wierd things to goffer(t) holes as she called them, lol. But in all everything, though I was teaching her survival to an extent, how to cook and grow what you need, it was all done in a fun and entertaining fashion with chores of course in order to have that fun and she latched on to it like a natural!

It's amaizing the things you take for granted and don't even know it, like how to have a back-up/waterproof system in place for inclemental wather, storage, supplies, what keeps and doesn't without ice, etc. Making a fire if you don't happen to have fuel on hand all those things. So, it's kind of nice to pretend in your own back yard where you can gradually get good at it and take breaks and if you do need something it's within reach and it sticks with you in the future.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 09/08/10 07:26 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.