Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#622134 08/29/10 10:23 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I found out today its going to be a boy! My husband is thrilled with this. He wants to name the baby after him, but I really don't want to have a Matt jr. I would like some boy names some how including my husband's name , Matt into it.I also want baby#3's name to fit in with my other two children's names : Daisy May and Vinnie Anthony. I am open with any suggestions and I appreciate them. :) ______________________________________________________________________ MommaBear22m

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Is Matt short for Matthew?

If so, maybe you could use the end of Matthew as inspiration and go with Andrew. (It also gives you the option of the nickname Andy, with that "ee" ending that Daisy and Vinnie also have.)

You could also use the double-t for inspiration. Maybe Brett, Elliott, Everett or Jett.

Is your husband's middle name an option?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
M
OP Offline
M
It isnt Matthew actually, it is only Matt and his middle name is Anthony, which I used for Vinnie's middle name. ___________________________________________________________ MommaBear22m

Last edited by MommaBear22m; 09/04/10 10:53 PM.
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Using Matt as a middle name is an option -- that way the name is passed down, and each son gets a name from his father as a middle name (making things equal between them).

There aren't too many names that include the name "Matt" as it is (Matthew, Matteo, Matthias) but if you look at names that include the letters M, A and T, there's also Thomas, Truman, Bertram, Hamilton, and a few others.

Gecko
Gecko
I like the name of Dillon - but Matt Dillon might get the child picked on and I wouldn't ask for that - but I do like the sound of the two together.

How about Matt James?

What about Matt Kennedy? Depending on what he does for a living, he could bo by M. Kennedy _____. It sounds businesslike.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
M
OP Offline
M
I do like the idea of having Matt as the middle name, but I just can not think of a name that sounds well with Matt as a middle name, any suggestions? Thank you Nancy, but those names seem much too unique and uncommon for me, I'm not even sure how to say some of them, but I still thankyou for the suggestions:) ________________________________________________________________ MommaBear22m

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
If you want Matt as a middle name, then you might want to use a first name with a lot more syllables for balance.

Ashton Matt
Jonathan Matt
Cameron Matt
Alexander Matt
Nathaniel Matt
Lawrence Matt
Harrison Matt
Westin Matt
Aaron Matt
Bartholomew Matt
Roland Matt
Donovan Matt

You get the picture. Just my thoughts!

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Lori's suggestion is exactly what I would have suggested. smile

I think that a longer first name can balance out short middles (and/or short surnames) really well.

Here are a few more:

Anthony
Benjamin
Zachary
Jeremiah
Sebastian

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you! to both Nancy and Lori! I love Aaron, Cameron, they both seem common and I find them sweet. I love Anthony, Zachary and Jeremiah, all have good possibilities of nicknames, Tony, Zac, and Miah or Jer. Also, Nancy you have put the thought in Matts head of having both his first and middle name into #3's name. Im not going for this since I still want #3 to have his own name, not just hand-me downs from his father. I appreciate your help as well, I still can't decide so anymore suggestions are welcome:) _______________________________________________________________ MommaBear22m

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
My son's name is Aaron. Everyone seemed to like it because suddenly there were a slew of Aarons. But Aaron Matt doesn't roll off the tongue as well as others. I almost named him Jeremiah and wanted to give him the nickname Miah. Too bad kids would find ways to make fun of that though because it sounds like a girl's name today.

I like Zachary Matt so far. I'll think of some more.

Charlton
Wesley
Raymond
Grafton
Elias
Morrison

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.