Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Green Tara #625094 09/05/10 11:21 PM
M
Shark
Shark
M
My mom's best friend is childfree and sometimes people who've had children make similar comments about her. I don't think that she is intolerant at all. In fact she treats children with much care and kindness. I would, however, say that she doesn't have much patience for rowdy kids because she is used to peace and quiet....and let's face it there is definitely a shortage of manners in today's kids!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
i dont like being accused of being selfish just because we dont want or need kids..selfish is not what its about. its about enjoying sanity, freedom to come and go rather freely. we are not selfish to each other. i despise the notion that we are defined by the children we have... what a load of [censored].. id hate to know that we are defiend by the children we raise..thats scary. we dont need children to try to be equal with our friends and their brats. life is not a competition, even tho it is to some ppl.

Green Tara #634394 10/01/10 08:51 PM
S
S
Green Tara It is so good to see that there is another Pre K teacher that has taught for many years but has no children of their own. (15 Years for me.) I get tired of people at gatherings like you referred to in your post saying to me "how can you be a preK teacher and not want kids?" The also act as though I know nothing about kids b/c I have none of my own. I know more than any parent. I have seen anything and everything over the past 15 years. They only see their own child. Our knowledge is much more vast and just b/c we have no children does not mean we should not teach them. Do you get tired of hearing that? I would love to chat with you sometime.

Green Tara #636047 10/11/10 05:34 PM
L
L
I love this post. I agree the intolerance does not come because of the kids, it is the parents I have zero tolerance for. Yes, I have had screaming children early in the morning and late at night. Not the kind that "oh that is sweet that they are all playing outside." The kind that you wonder if anyone is even supervising these kids - even though you have looked out and have seen an adult around. Hmmm... I really did think that the older I got the less I like children, but it really is the parents that I can't tolerate.

leaney #638646 10/26/10 04:12 PM
B
B
Although they haven't said it, I know my neighbors think I'm intolerant. A few weeks ago I was awakened around midnight by their teenage children who were having a party. I could hear the noise and music for hours before I went to bed, but ignored it as best I could. What woke me up was the fact that some of the party had migrated to my yard. These loud, drunk underage kids thought nothing about trampling my flowers and pushing down my fence. Even after I confronted them (something their parents would never do) they couldn't understand why I was less than pleased with their actions, since they were "just having fun" but they did leave.

I've spoken to the parents before about similar incidents and their response is always something along the lines of " well you know how kids are." Never have they made the kids say they were sorry, restore anything they damage or institute any punishment. In essence, in their drive to always stay in the good graces of their kids, they have failed to be parents.

BlueSkies #638703 10/26/10 11:55 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
The problem is that a lot of parents today are more concerned with being their children's friend instead of being disciplinary parents who set down ground rules and instill a sense of responsibility within the home. It is utterly ridiculous the generation that these parents are raising.

Obviously not all kids are raised this way, but it seems that a lot of them are, and by the time the parents realize that they need to get much tougher with their kids, they have already lost their respect.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.