Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
So who is setting up a blogger blog? Blogger is super easy - it literally only takes a few minutes, and they hold you by the hand for each step. It's very much set up for people with no coding knowledge.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Dianne Career is. I do not like it.

Originally Posted By: Jilly
So who is setting up a blogger blog? Blogger is super easy - it literally only takes a few minutes, and they hold you by the hand for each step. It's very much set up for people with no coding knowledge.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Jilly,

Yup it's me. I finally posted a first "article" last night. It took me awhile. Would you be able to answer a couple/few questions for me?
1. I'm trying to figure out what "gadgets" are.
2. Can I use affiliate links like Bella Online or do they need to be Adsense, can I do both?
3. Can I do lists - like great career books to read?

Thanks Jilly!!!

Any assistance would truly be greatly appreciated!!!
thanks!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne - give us the link! Want to seeeeeee.

1. I don't remember what gadgets are but my guess is they are the blogger equivalent of applications (apps) or widgets. Wordpress uses widgets.

Let's say they are like widgets...in which case you can choose what to put in your sidebar, like a weather app, a calendar, your categories, Recent Posts, Top Commentators...etc.

Does this sound like what you are looking at? I can give more guesses if this isn't close.

2. When i had a blogger blog i am pretty sure I used affiliate links and adsense. Stick in an affil link and see if it goes through. Let me know if it doesn't work and I can dig into this more for you.

3. When you say lists, do you mean is there an app/form for lists like on Amazon? Or are you asking if that is appropriate for a blog post? if the latter, YES, it's a great idea for a post. Lots of bloggers make lists. I make lists on my blogs. People love lists! if the former, then see the answer to the Widgets question. I bet there is an app for that. laugh

Tiger
Tiger
You beat me to it Jilly (lol).

Yes, Dianne, I want to SEEE!!!!

J
Koala
Koala
J
Blogger has recently added lots of new features. The gadgets are a list to choose from like adding favorite links, adsense, coding, like Amazon ads and other things.

Blogger also had an Amazon tool right in it where you can type in a keyword and products come up to insert right into your post.

I have both blogger and Wordpress.org. Wordpress.com can't be monetized, I don't think.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Keep in mind there is a difference between wordpress.com and .org - it all depends on how much effort you are willing to put into having your own domain.

.com is the version that is like blogger/blogspot.

.org is the one that where you own your own domain.

If you don't care about owning your own domain, I do prefer Blogger - it's super easy and you can have adsense, as BB said.

I second this. I have a wordpress.com blog, and there are a lot of things I can't do that can be done on blogger/blogspot. I've decided to stay there for now, as eventually I would like to go to my own domain, and once I do that, I've heard wordpress.org is the best, and porting from wordpress.com is the easiest transition...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ok, Well, I go by Di. LOL! As for adsense and blogging and amazon. I've very new to all the add ons and ways to make money etc... I will be reaching out to each of you when I start exploring that. I'll look into it all this weekend and try and familiarize myself with it

I have a book on amazon that is released Sept 18, 2010 but there is still so much about amazon.com that I don't know...

My blog doesn't have blogger in it. I'm on wordpress. It's www.transformation247.wordpress.com

I have my own website also
www.royaltreasurespublishing.com

I'm still learning and all of these website etc.. are pretty new to me. But I'm growing and expanding.

The student is eager to learn...

Tiger
Tiger
fishWhat is the title of your book and CONGRATS!

I just went on your blog site and signed up to get email updates. Awesome site!

Originally Posted By: Di_A.A.Lit.Editor
Ok, Well, I go by Di. LOL! As for adsense and blogging and amazon. I've very new to all the add ons and ways to make money etc... I will be reaching out to each of you when I start exploring that. I'll look into it all this weekend and try and familiarize myself with it

I have a book on amazon that is released Sept 18, 2010 but there is still so much about amazon.com that I don't know...

My blog doesn't have blogger in it. I'm on wordpress. It's www.transformation247.wordpress.com

I have my own website also
www.royaltreasurespublishing.com

I'm still learning and all of these website etc.. are pretty new to me. But I'm growing and expanding.

The student is eager to learn...

Last edited by Angela S - Walking Editor; 09/08/10 08:11 PM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
I prefer blogger if I'm not hosting the site. That being said, It really doesn't get much better than wordpress hosted. Of course, that's not free. Just my opinion!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.