logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My heart goes out to you Lady..it's hard to lose an animal who has captured your heart. I'm glad you realize you did what was best for Caspian and so does he. Caspian's life was much better for the care and love you gave him.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I had a cat who lived for almost 18 years, Spooky, and she was such a great friend to me! I had her cremated and have the can with her ashes in it. That was almost 12 years ago and I still miss her.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I am devastated. Today i had to put down my beloved William. He was my sweet little kitty - only five months old, and I birthed him and his litter in my bed.

I can't even bear to write about this right now. I can't see through my tears.

F
Koala
Koala
F
Your in my thoughts.

Flower
Sorry Jilly, It's so sad
I can feel your pain (((Jilly)))

Rosie L
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Oliver walked the Rainbow Bridge a little over month ago. He and his sister Smokey came to me about 12 years ago when they were barely weaned kittens. Oliver got his name because he was the runt of the litter, and seemed like a timid little orphan compared to his brawny brawling siblings. He grew up to be big, longhaired, black, and standoffish. It took several years of loving, quiet attention to get him socialized to the point where he could enjoy being petted. Maybe it was because his affections were so hard earned that made it so wonderful when he finally began to creep up into my lap to relax and purr.
I wanted both Oliver and Smokey to be indoor cats, but when Oliver was about 4 years old a neighborhood feral cat began spraying the back door, and nothing would do but Oliver HAD to go out and take care of that problem. After that he went out for a little while evey day, patrolled the perimeter and dispatched any audacious rodents that dared to enter the yard. He did the same for any of the mice that found their way into the house in the Fall.
Last winter while I was away for a while and the cats were staying with a familiar old friend, Oliver stopped eating. When I got back the Vet said I should force feed him which I did every hour for a week before he began eating on his own again. Soon after his abdomen began swelling up. After many tests the conclusion was that he had cancer of the liver, and the best thing was to simply make him comfortable until the end.
That came about 3 weeks later when I realized that his life was getting more and more difficult for him as his abdomen continued swelling, and it wouldn't ever get better, so I took him in to be put down. He fought it every inch of the way, which didn't make me feel any less guilty. He now sleeps in the back yard under the lilacs with Agnes, Kitkat, Buster and Nutmeg, good buddies all.
What I want to remember most about his last week is the day he managed to catch a nearly full grown rabbit and drag it up to the back door, asking if he could please bring it in. The Mighty Hunter to the end!
The odd thing now is that (I should post this on the Auditory Hallucinations thread) I hear his loud distinctive cry every now and then, and think to myself "Oh! Oliver wants to come back in!"
Maybe he does!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Jilly,my heart goes out to you. I had to put down my precious Xena this spring. I found her when she was around 1 week old took her home and she became my baby. I had 4 wonderful years with her before things became unbearable for her. I've kept her ashes so she will be with me always.

Granny
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Claybird, I sometimes hear my Xena too.

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you, guys. I miss him. I am spending the weekend in bed. My face is so swollen from crying. frown

(((Jilly))) Hugs as long as you need one, when ever you need one

Rosie L
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.