Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Shark
Shark
J
I disagree, I love London. I've just returned from Siagon which is hell on earth. In comparison, London is ordered, calm, green, beautiful, interesting and quiet. I enjoy visiting other places but I don't want to live anywhere else. It's easy to avoid the congestion charge - don't drive, the buses are really good and very cheap. I've lived all over the world and I like living in London best.

Joanna Czechowska
British Television Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I love the heritage of London, like the Westminster Abbey Tours. now it's the home of William and Kate's wedding venue! Is anyone nipping doen there for a preview? If so, here's some royal wedding venue tips...
Westminster Abbey Tours-Visit William And Kate's Wedding Venue

Being a Londoner by birth I love it and hate it. London is a truly cosmopolitan city and you will meet people from all walks of life and ethnic background who study, live or work there, Its architecture and hussle and bussle amaze me every time I go back. I love Covent Garden, a must visit place with its own life. I can quite happily sit in a cafe or bar and watch the world go by when I am there. I love the shows and the markets, heck there is so much I love. I hate the prices and the lack of parking and the fact it is so big you need a few days to take a lot in. When I was a teen I ran away and spent a lot of time on the streets, it's easy to hide there.

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 03/10/11 12:16 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Abigail your last sentence made me look up your website - brilliant title for a book and so true - what people see in others on the outside so often does not reflect what is going on inside. I have too much I am reading now to get to it, but have put Invisible Tears on my list for books I want to read.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
ive only been to london once in 1969 and got lost loads of times, theres plenty to do and nice places to go and visit. yes the price of food and drink is too high, so is renting a place, it seems as though they try to put 36 hours into a day, everyone rushing around here and there, its a nightmare to drive through. i found the london people very friendly and helpful, the night entertainment is very good and we have followed suit up here in newcastle upon tyne and its great for a night out here as well.

Gecko
Gecko
I have never been to London, but will go someday. However, I love the BBC - it "brings" me to London without the expense and airplane trip.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I love London when I am not living there. I love going back to visit but it is a depressing place to live. Too busy, too many people and too much traffic.

I loved Oxford Street, Regent Street, Soho and Leicester Square. I love Portobello Market and Covent Garden and Camden Town.

The river Thames is dirty and I would not like to fall in it, but a boat trip on its sappy waters to Kew Gardens is worth every penny.

I love the history and the architecture. I love the green open spaces.

I'm a West End girl.

I love London because it is London.

Linda Heywood

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.