Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think that is the problem with a lot of self-esteem issues. We look at what the "rules" say we should be and what we should feel, and if we don't we feel like a failure.

In many ways, I am thankful that my father always put me down growing up - it made me become a stronger person and being a sci fi geek girl also helped me to realise that the rules don't belong to me!

The hardest thing you can do is to look inside your self and ask "what do I really want to be". Once you answer that question HONESTLY then you can start to change your self image.

I'm turning 43 this year - and am a size 24 and have been a large person all my life. I still have a lot of self doubts - and have actually been told by one of the Project Managers I work for that I have to stop undervaluing myself and my skills - he then said that I am the Project Admin that all the other PM's want supporting their projects because I am the one that gets things done. It gave me a big lift and helped me to change my self image just that little bit more.

What do I want? I want to be happy with my beloved (I am - but would like him to be in the same country as me!)and to have a job that I love and that is secure. I'm taking the steps towards all of these - and, ultimately, our happiness is up to us.

My advice - turn round, give a rude sign to the world and say STUFF THE RULES. Obey the "Popeye" principal - I AM WHAT I AM.

Go and do something you think is outrageous - start small and go and see that kids movie you want so much to see (even if you don't have any kids to take). Or sit in the park and eat that ice cream cone. Other people can think what they want - we should take joy in being individuals.

Megan McConnell
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
You are beautiful the way that you are and if you feel like there is something missing in your life then take charge and go out to get it. Most of the time when I get a little depressed, I find a project to do that I have wanted to do for a long time. The excitement of doing something new definitely takes my mind off of things and I cheer up almost immediately because variety is the spice of life. Get out there and try something new. You will thank me.

D
D
More than the weight loss, I commend all the women who posted for being brave enough to discuss their issues. It takes a special kind of woman to do that publicly. Like most of you, I too have major weight concerns and am struggling to lose the weight. Last night I met with my life coach who's helping me with a weight management program that I recently signed up for, and she recommended that I read the book "Being Happy" by Andrew Johnston. I hope this book will help. I'm off to get myself a copy from the bookstore :)

Last edited by DIYmom; 05/13/10 03:12 AM.
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Amazing weight loss and some lovely comments here, we have all lost weight and feel better for it but we need to consider the whole picture and work each day on being nice to ourselves and making sure each day we do something we enjoy and that makes us feel good about being alive.

ChelleSpiritualityEditor wrote "Well, mostly separate. My being overweight is more a symptom of the Depression, not the other way around (which is what society tries to make us think)." This is great information! Thanks:)

Last edited by maria84; 07/31/10 02:27 PM.
K
K
Have you tried Spa treatment? I have heard it gives really good results! But you should choose [url=http://www.eurospaclub.com/treatmentsprocedures/]the right procedures[/url] for losing weight fast. You can check it out. I hope it will help you [b]:)[/b]

Last edited by Karoline2010; 08/09/10 04:35 AM.
M
M
Every girl has their own beauty, that's my opinion and you just have to find your own view of beauty :) overweight girl has problem and skinny girl has problem too no one is perfect :) _________________________ [url=http://www.regencyshop.com/Bar-Stools/c33/index.html]bar stools[/url] clearance sale going on now...

Last edited by Modpod; 08/13/10 09:53 AM.
S
S
I use to be 125lbs now i'm 170 i hate it i'm on anti depressents and i think that's why i'm gaining does any one know a anti depressent that makes you lose wait if i go off my pills i'll hit please let me know thank you, shelly1019

E
E
Firstly, congratulations on your weightloss! That is a huge accomplishment and something you should be proud of. The thing is, that if we always put a condition on what will give us happiness ( I will be happy when I lose 10 pounds, get a better job, kids grow up etc. etc.) we are never satisfied when those external conditions are met.www.wellbridal.comwww.wellbridal.com I agree with Sindri, tackle the depression issues and take one day at a time.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Have you asked your dr? Weight gain (and libido issues) are common depression med side effects. Ask your dr to try you on a different set of meds and see if they effect you differently.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.