Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We've been talking about five year goals and one year goals, but i wanted to start a thread on short term goals. maybe for a week, a month, or three months.

I'll start.

I have a new used car from craigslist that I need to have looked at. I am having issues with the radiator, for one thing. That needs a water pump and new backflow container. I have called my shadetree mechanic but have not heard back yet.

I also need to set aside time to have one of those free brake check sessions done. Those are in Flagstaff or Prescott, so it will take a whole day set aside for that. maybe I can find one that is walking distance to a bookstore or coffeeshop, or someplace with wifi. Also, maybe there are some out of town errands I can get done while there.

Same with a oil change. I want to use something like Jiffy lube, where they do a 40 point inspection free. So this will be another whole day out of town.

I have coupons for these things around. So my steps - find coupons, figure out what towns to go to, plan a few days for this, and gather stuff to work on while waiting/plan errands to run.

My timeline is: within a few days for the radiator (otherwise I am carless). And within the month of August for the oil change and brake check.

So that is one life area to attend to within the short term.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Those are great goals, and it sounds like you have a doable plan to handle them! Wonderful!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks! Ok, working on this one goal, there are jiffy lubes in Flagstaff, Prescott and Payson.

And I also found a free coupon for $5 off - jiffy lube coupon

Here are all the things they check.

The one in Flagstaff is closest to places to walk to for wifi i think. Plus I can gather pine needles for my mulching beds. I will need to gather a lot of trash bags for that. Maybe I will try to get a hike in that day.

Okay, so print coupon, gather trash bags, pick a trail to hike and select a day.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Alright. Coupon printed, reusable cloth trash bags in car, Walnut Canyon Trail selected and the day - Wed, Sept 1. If it gets too late for Walnut Canyon then I will jog along the Urban Trail.

Next short goal to plan...

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is great!

You can also post short term goals in the matching forum, so you stir up interest with people who are into that topic! So for example I can post my short term cleaning goals in the cleaning forum, to enthuse other cleaners! smile

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My short term goal is to finish my vision board.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Vision boards are awesome! I vote you set aside an hour to sit down with a cup of tea or glass of wine and have fun with your vision board!

Mine sits right by my desk. I love the "x marks the spot" treasure map feel to it smile

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I did accomplish another short term goal today. I have notes all over the place in various notebooks and sheets of paper on forum topics that I had written, but forgot about, article ideas that I had written in various notebooks and forgot about.
Well today I grabbed one 5 section notebook and re-wrote everything into just the one notebook - so I have a section for article ideas, forum topic ideas. quotes and topics to use in my new redesigned news letters, etc...

I'm feeling so organized - one short term goal accomplished. Now BACK to the vision board...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne - that is *awesome* news!! Good for you! Having everything in one place, organized, is a great way to keep your forward progress going!

I sent out a bunch of editor packages today, so I have happy editors in my future and my office is a little more clean. So that is great!

Tomorrow my two summer classes end and then I have 2 weeks off before my set of 4 fall classes begin. So that will be a big help!

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
1) Finish training class on this new temp to perm job (and hope it goes perm).....will be done by 9/7/10 and we hit the floor and take calls.

2) Get that jewelry business really started and off the ground.

Step 1 - Start Etsy and Ebay sales and see where that goes - all jewelry and beaded stuff to be made with gemstones. Hey - it is Earth Dragon Jewelry after all - they guard gemstones and animals....10% of profits goes to local and national (ASPCA HSUS)animal charities.

So I will start with baby steps - get hired on perm and re-start Earth Dragon Jewelry and keep it running this time.

That is enough for now as I want these items accomplished.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, my mechanic who fixed my radiator issues also looked at everything else in the car. Apparently my brakes are great and i could use an oil change next month.

So i suddenly don't have to plan two days around Flagstaff any time soon. Isn't that unexpectedly nice!

So my next short term goals -

1. Sir William the Bloody (grey tabby) is not growing and can't keep food down. I have a voucher for a free checkup for him for today at the 24 hour vet and will bring him in today. I will also bring in Cmdr John Crichton (red tabby) for comparison - he's twice the size, from the same litter.

Any tests i will have to pay for, but at least I can get William looked at. So this is today.

2. I am hiking to the TeePees tomorrow! smile

3. I need to deal with my RV dump tanks, which are leaking sewage - eewwww. I am letting the drip go into a container and hand carrying that to the toilet in the house to flush it down. Once it gets low enough i am going to flush out the system. I need to get a mechanic to give it a look if I intend to use that toilet again.

*I am deliberately not adding 'work' items to this short term list. I want to see what niggling/important life things i can get off my plate.*

4. I am down to a handful of checks. I need to go to the bank this week, put the account into my new address, deposit some paychecks, and order actual personal checks for my permanent address. It gives me great pride to say Permanent Address.

5. I want to bring my vision boards to my local framer for an idea he has to preserve them. That I can even consider such a low priority task is so great! Plus I can show him how i blogged about him on CampVerdeLife.com.

6. Time to refill my empty drinking water bottles in town and bring in the recycling.

7. Finish spreading mulch in the front yard.

I also have a ton of things to repair in the house and cottage, but that will need to wait for some other paychecks. The car repair and dr wiped me out for a bit. And I do not know what getting William some tests will cost.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Robin -

Those are great short term goals! Let us know when you make the entries on etsy so we can take a look at them!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jill - that is so fantastic that your life has become so peaceful and serene that you can think about "relaxing" activities like going for hikes and framing your vision boards! That is awesome!!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Lisa! I got everything off my short term list except these, so will repost them:

4. I am down to a handful of checks. I need to go to the bank this week, put the account into my new address, deposit some paychecks, and order actual personal checks for my permanent address. It gives me great pride to say Permanent Address.

5. I want to bring my vision boards to my local framer for an idea he has to preserve them. That I can even consider such a low priority task is so great! Plus I can show him how i blogged about him on CampVerdeLife.com.

6. Time to refill my empty drinking water bottles in town and bring in the recycling.

7. Finish spreading mulch in the front yard.

Updates

- The weather is starting to cool off enough to think about mulching again, so i would like to return to messing with that next week. I will do a little at a time - there is no rush, I have all fall and winter to do this. It will just look nice when done and make me feel happy about it.

- Also I need to deposit a bunch of checks. I might just do that at the ATM and not worry about getting the checks this week. I can make getting the checks deposited my goal for this week and getting new checks a goal for next week.

- Still need to deal with bringing things to the framer. Next week, of course!

- I would like to make some kind of move to take a vacation. This is really going to require sitting down to plan. Or walking around to think about. All I can envision right now is a camping trip to the North Rim before it closes for the year.

- take a walk at least five days this week. I am on track with yesterday and the night before, and I will walk this evening. SO if i get in two more walks after today, that will be good.

- get my last Blog post article for September published before Monday,
kick out a few reviews for Amazon and RunPee, and create a few press releases for some clients.

SO that's easy for the rest of the week - deposit checks and fill water bottles - both can be done at night when i am more lively. One more article and a handful of reviews and one press release.

Then next week get checks, go to the framer, spread a little mulch, get a tire changed out on my jeep, and work stuff. I will return to the work idea next week, and just focus on the things I mentioned above for this week.
-

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I love this Jilly! Thanks for starting this thread - I need to keep better track of my short term goals.

1. Keep my food journal, update every meal!
2. Memorize my new song!
3. Clean up kitchen (this is very short term LOL - like 15 minutes from now HA HA)
4. Get ready for my gig on Saturday.
5. Read out of my Dreamgates book.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deanna, that's a great mix of relaxing goals, short tasks, and harder stuff. smile Good luck - you will get them all done!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I know I will! smile I always have to set goals for the fun stuff too, otherwise I get to working so hard, I forget to have any fun, and start to feel resentful!

Reading - I LOVE - so I always make sure that's a part of my day smile

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
You are too cool. I need to learn to do that too, to add fun goals to my lists. Am i even allowed to have fun??? smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA.... maybe we should start a thread of ONLY fun things we plan on doing - on a daily basis!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Really, not a bad idea!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Short term goals now -

End this gnat torment.

Be totally caught up on RomanceClass.

Write Blogs articles through October.

have a hike with a friend.

Change out bad tire.

Deposit checks.

Pay more bills after checks are deposited.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Sometimes my short term goal is to just be able to make it through a Saturday and carve out a smidge of time for myself that doens't involve entertaining husband or kids or cleaning or running errands...lol...
The day goes by so FAST!!!

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 09/18/10 04:07 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

Those are great goals! We can help with them!

Dianne -

You sound like you are living in reaction which makes you totally dependent on *other* people's goals. That's not fair to you at all! Your family needs to learn to respect you as an equal member of the household!

What are YOUR goals for the week?

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks Lisa, You're right I have these days when I seem to be last on everyones list even my own.
MY goals for this week is to continue writing ahead for Bella Online.
Put together a rough draft for an ebook
Set up a shop (can't remember the official term)

Plus I have a few groups and seminars to attend on blogging and writing an ebook coming up in the net few days.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
With any luck my hike for this week will be accomplished tomorrow. My hike that I had planned with people for today fell through but maybe tomorrow will work out.

It would be nice if Monday I can deposit the checks, get some counter checks from the bank, and pay some other bills.

I need to get gas and change the tire out before Friday, so I don't have to do my long trip that day on a bald tire.

The writing bits I am steadily chipping at and will report when I've reached those goals.

The gnat thing is this horrible minor torment. I now have rashes and hives because of this. I think the only way out will be eventual freezing temperatures (in october, maybe?) to kill them off. (been covering this in more detail in the Buddhism forum). In the meantime I have removed all the plants from the RV and put Saran Wrap over every drain.

I also need to call my dr and beg for a meds renewal. I hate begging for my meds. I hate that they have this power over me. frown

The gnats are making me irritable...

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Grrrr to gnats!

My short term goals for today are:

Record two songs
Get google adsense on my website

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Quote:
End this gnat torment.

Be totally caught up on RomanceClass.

Write Blogs articles through October.

have a hike with a friend.

Change out bad tire.

Deposit checks.

Pay more bills after checks are deposited.

Monday's Update: deposited checks, ordered new checks, got counter checks. Made plans to hike on Friday with my vet. I called my pharmacy to call my dr about renewing my prescription.

Tomorrow: If money goes through, pay electric bill($92), cable bill (52), annual RV membership bill ($120) and land taxes ($164). Two of those are monthly bills and the other two are yearly.

If the money is not through in time, I'll do the tires and get gas.

Wed - Whatever was not done Tuesday. Check and see if my Rx went through ok.

Thursday - TBD

Friday - RunPee work, hike with vet friend.

Sat/Sun - TBD

And be working on my 'work stuff' and dealing with gnats. Getting in some walking and yoga.

So I need to think about thursday and the weekend.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Well, I'm still reading google adsense rules and regs LOL.

I'm a little behind, but I just got the "Dreams" site here at BellaOnline, and have been doing the training for that YAY!! I am SO excited!

I never did get those two songs memorized, but my hubby and I have been working on recording. THAT is a good feeling!

And I've been reading! The Power by Rhonda Byrne and Dreamgates by Robert Moss. Both excellent reads.

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I paid three of the four bills i wanted to pay today - the last place was closed by the time I called them (they are on Eastern Time), so that one will have to happen tomorrow.

And there's the tire thing tomorrow. With any luck I can make myself get out of the house and just do it. it will only take a half hour, really.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh and also get gas tomorrow.

So - pay ROD bill, mail other bills, get gas, change tire. Check on my Rx status. I'd like to bury the kitten tomorrow also. It just has to be done.

Thursday - Catch up on paying work! I have a lot i want to see done by the end of the month and have totally off my plate.

Deana, congrats on getting the Dreams topic!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Thanks Jilly! Today is going to be one of those "simple" days.

We have our homeschooling Fall Equinox celebration at the park, and it goes from 12pm to 3pm.

To prep for that:
Make gluten free muffins
Make gluten free brownies

Then afterward, take daughter to her baton lessons.

Call about drum lessons for my son.

But, this morning my hubby took my son to school, so YAY I have about 90 minutes of "me" time!

I'll go do some more BellaOnline training grin

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Quote:

So - pay ROD bill, mail other bills, get gas, change tire. Check on my Rx status. I'd like to bury the kitten tomorrow also. It just has to be done.

Thursday - Catch up on paying work! I have a lot i want to see done by the end of the month and have totally off my plate.

I mailed my bill. I can call and pay my ROD bill and also call my pharmacy.

I should get the tire done right about now but as usual i have trouble leaving the house.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Alllrighty - i called the pharmacy (but need to check in again tomorrow) and paid the ROD bill.

I also finally buried William. It is done. I miss him still.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
So Jilly, who was William named for?

You also have a kitty name Faramir, right? You must be a Lord of the Rings fan. Me too!

I would have name my kids Gandalf and Arwyn if I could have gotten away with it LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The momma cat is Faramir and her kitten is William. Was William. I named him after Spike in the Buffy series. Spike's real name is William.

My chihuahua's name is Frodo. And if i had a son you betcha i'd name him that too.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
It has been a really long time since I've seen the Buffy series. But I remember Spike... and I remember thinking he was a bad guy who was really a good guy underneath. And eye-candy!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I adore Spike. Angel may have been more conventionally better looking, but Spike had this vulnerability, humor and passion that made him one of my biggest crushes ever.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I did think Spike was cuter. Angel was too brooding for my tastes.

In fact, even in the True Blood series I tend to like the bad boy vamp - who is most likely good hearted, we just don't know for sure yet wink

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Right, *brooding seems* sexy, but in real life it gets old real fast to be dating someone like that. I love me some Spike!

Should i watch True Blood? it seems a little more violent than i can handle.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, plans for tomorrow. I have to get gas and change the tire before Friday when I drive to Flagstaff.

I need to plan out Friday - hopefully there will be a hike after the RunPee work is done. I need to call my vet about meeting me for the hike - i hope i might have a new friend! smile

I will need to call the pharmacy again.

I will sweep through my facebook clients, get through as much of Romance Class as possible and start on my writing ahead goals for November.

Print out the next few months of the year.

Also I need to start planning my trip to Seattle in October...because YAY - dan is buying me a ticket to come see him!!!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay i got nothing done today. Sometimes it happens. frown

Zebra
Zebra
"The sun will come out. . tomorrow!" LOL--yes, sometimes it happens, but you are on a roll and will recoup in no time.

My goal for today is to get enough done to not feel bad about taking a whole day off over the weekend.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I want to get these new Angelic Messenger Cards reviewed. They are so cool!

I meant to do more today too, but my daughter, who usually goes to a homeschooling co-op on Fridays couldn't go today because the teacher was sick. So.... we colored her hair blue, and did some other stuff.

Now maybe I have a bit of time to write YAY!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today. Not sure. I can try to join some people who might be camping along Fossil Creek, but it's 40 minutes of washboard roads and there's a good chance i won't find them.

Or I can sit outside with the laptop and some books and plug away at stuff. Right now i am lying in bed with the laptop, feeling vaguely lonely and irritated.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Sounds like you need a break and spend some time with your friends!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Ahhh Jilly. We're your friends. Hang out in the forums for awhile, your amongst friends. I feel a lot like that sometimes.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Aw Jilly... I have those days sometimes too.

You have a trip up north to look forward to, right?

Sitting outside sounds like a good idea... getting my sun on my head sounds like a good idea too.

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chris, you are right, but i am new in this area and don't have any local friends to just pal around with.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne and Deanna, thank you. I do feel like my best friends are online. It certainly does help. I do wish i had people to actually do things with though. Hiking or thrifting or canoeing or even just sitting in the sun WITH.

I really do appreciate what you are saying.

The trip to seattle will be in November. And my parents will be here for a few days in October. I hope that helps. Some days are lonelier than others. I wish i didn't feel so sorry for myself.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I do agree - real life friends are important. When I was a kid we moved around so much, I was always having to make new friends.

I remember one day after a move I just thought to myself "I can't do this anymore." I was 11 years old LOL. I guess I was tired of moving LOL.

Even now, I was in this area for several years before I finally made a connection that I would call a good friendship.

what is it about where you live that drew you there in the first place?

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well, i love Arizona - all the outdoor opportunities. And i am one state away from my family. And I like small towns, warm winters, desert horizons.

And also because I could afford to buy a lot and house out here.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
My sister moved clear across the country --- and I frequently wish she would have moved one state away instead - it's the perfect distance. Not too close - not too far. Perfect for privacy, but close enough for holidays and family gatherings.

I love Arizona too, but tend to be drawn to the cooler climates. I've been dreaming of moving to Oregon, but my hubby won't go for it.

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
my family lives in San Diego and Temecula. I love So Cal but i just can't afford CA - everything costs more than it does in AZ.

I did live in Crestline for a while, but i really can't stand snow. I didn't think the winters there would be as bad as they ended up being.

I want nothing to do with snow.

You'd like Flagstaff. It's hip and has a very cool climate (at 7,000 feet). I lived there six years until the snow drove me away.

So here i am all lonely. There are really no people my age here and no one who really digs hiking.

I don't want to think i made a mistake with this town, but sometimes that thought bubbles up.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ah, a snow disliker? I LOVE the snow. I lived in Idyllwild for a while and was so happy there - and still get homesick for it.

We don't live too far from Crestline at all; we are Inland Empire-ites.

A lot of people move to our area because Orange County and LA are so expensive - and they are willing to commute each day to work. Yikes! I couldn't do that.

Deanna Joseph

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I love snow when I get a day off from work and can stay home in my pj's. If I have to battle the elements, I prefer not. Shoveling is GREAT exercise though.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I used to live and work in Idyllwild and I think i've hiked every trail in the San jacintos. I will so drive out and meet you up there if you want to go camping. Seriously.

Okay - this week. Today I got a few good errands done and the big thing - my tires - is done.

Tuesday - call the Dr (they are not responding to the pharma's requests to renew my meds), call AT&T, pay some tax bills, call my vet friend about friday, call Dan about my trip to seattle, call my RV camping membership people about my seattle camping plans...lot of phone calls. my favorite thing. smirk

I also have a rocking chair i saw on craiglist that i am interested in. It's in sedona. I should go get it and plan a hike around that trip.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Snow would be great if it didn't come with the wind and the cold.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

K
K
That is some thing which I never thought of your short term goals have make me think about my one this information is really make me think.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 10/01/10 03:37 AM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I actually got everything done on that list. Not the rocking chair yet but that isn't crucial. So I feel good.

Still to do this week, (by next Monday): pick up meds, mail PBS Book, get my kayaks from Flagstaff, deposit another check, review an amazon book, write some articles for Blogs topic for November, finish reading the Web 3.0 book/review it, and entirely finish the romance class work that I was behind in.

I think that's plenty. But since my parents will be out by Tuesday i need to focus right now, and then i can take off 4 days with no stress.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is great that your parents will keep you company for a while, and that you have the lure of spending time with your vet after that! I am sure you will build friends in the area and even find some hiking buddies.

When your parents leave you can think about ways to build a few hiking friends. Maybe post a note at the thrift store, or on meetup, or heck on craigslist. I am sure there are hikers in the area!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I do have more good news - I have found some meetup groups that do things all over the state, not just in Phx, Sedona or Flagstaff. I am signing up for a bunch of trips and suggesting others. I also went for two hikes this week - one with my flagstaff friend and one alone.

And my parents will be out Monday, not tuesday! Yikes. Working super duper hard on things now.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - that is AWESOME news that you went on two hikes, and one was with a friend! Just think about six months ago - you wouldn't have dreamt that you would have achieved such a fantastic life where you could go hiking and return to your home!

It's fantastic that you found a way to find other hikers!

Have a *great* time with your parents smile

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes! I was so thrilled to be outdoors and moving. And of course the hikes were so scenic. Th flagstaff one had pines and views of the peaks, and the Sedona one was red rock buttes, cottonwoods and a creek.

This Saturday, if i can manage to get up and out by 8am, there will be a kayak day on the verde river with the arizona paddle meetup group. I've already told them which local pub to hit afterward and made the offer that people can crash at my place if they want. I think most of them are coming up from Phx.

Also, someone saw my post that i am from here and sent me an email saying he lives here too and would like to hike with me!

So thankfully things are looking up with the outdoors for me.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the meetup groups. smile

Looking forward to hitting all the thrift stores with my mom! I hope she can find a lot of nice things to sell at her antique booth in San Diego. And I need my parents' advice on what to do with fixing up my home and yard. They are very good at these things.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yay Jilly! That sounds fun!

I went walking at the park today - they have a nice trail - and it's not too hard. 30 minutes - YAY!

My goals for this week:
Get my sermon done {I'm filling in for a vacationing minister this Sunday}
Write article {WGS - my code to remember LOL} for Inspiration site
Write Book Review for Inspiration Site
Write article for Dreams site on Dreams and the Bible
Walk two more times this week.
Write another chapter for my book.
Memorize "Dear Prudence," "Missing You," and "We Belong."

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I had fun with my folks. We hit up a ton of thrifts and got me some needed items for my rainwater harvesting, for my RV and for my house. Now I am feeling a bit backed up, even though I really am doing just fine. I think i am so used to feeling stressed out that it's my go-to reaction after taking time off from work.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
-Lose 5 lbs
Why? To move toward my perfect weight
Goal? My ideal weight, good health, strength and vitality.
Obstacles? I don't want to diet, I don't want to exercise shocked
Overcome Obstacles? Change my way of thinking - eating healthy is a reward in itself. And shows that I honor and respect my body.
Celebrate with? A hike with some friends in Idyllwild.

-Write song in honor of my friend James
Why? To perform at his memorial
Goal? A beautiful song to honor his spirit and playfulness
Obstacles? None so far
Celebrate with? Live performance

-Write Inspiration Site Article
Why? It's my life!
Goal? To get weekly, original content posted, grow readership
Obstacles? Can't think of something!
Overcome obstacles? Yes... ummm... Write book review!
Celebrate with? pure happiness

-Write Dreams Site Article
Why? It's my life!
Goal? To get weekly, original content posted, grow readership
Obstacles? Family stuff - I've already got my topic outlined
Overcome obstacles? Yes, take care of family stuff first - they'll have to go to bed eventually LOL!
Celebrate with? pure happiness!

-Get ready for my writer's retreat
Why? So I'm prepared to do some writing for a couple of days
Goal? To be prepared so I can have a blast
Obstacles? Planning and organization
Overcome obstacles? Write out a plan and start packing
Celebrate with? Some local BellaOnline editors! Wooo Hooo!

Deanna Joseph

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Has anyone had a chance to revisit the goals that they listed in these posts to see how far they have come? How many are still actually goals and how many have been fulfilled?

It can be rather eye opening.

Is there a point to setting goals if you don't do a reality check to see if you are actually still working toward them or meeting them.

We set goals every week in our Life Management Study class. It is interesting how now people are starting to set goals for the week, never reach them but yet list them again plus add new ones each week. Why. A goal is suppose to be just that a goal that you are trying to attain.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I do think it's good to review your goals once a week and think about which ones you can make progress on. I also think it's OK to not meet a goal - life is chaotic by its nature and never runs smoothly! If we accept that, and do our best with what we are given, then we can eventually make progress smile Fall down six times, get up seven!

This current week we were "off" from school and it suddenly feels like I have hours and hours of time available to get to-do list things done! I forget sometimes just how much time the schoolwork is taking up, until it's gone for a little while.

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shot term goals: I got back from a two week bit of traveling, and then had things I immediately needed to do. So I am still a bit tired. I am really looking forward to bot having more distractions. I want to work hard on my various life areas: my home, online work, offline work, getting errandy things in order, and planning the next few months around my life priorities. I have gathered a few sheets of paper to make lists on in different categories and will hang them on the walls when they feel done!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is great news, Jilly that you will sort out your priorities and get them written down!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
New short term goals: I am very involved with my mental health lately. I am working on:

1 - sorting out my meds
2 - going to monthly aspergers meetings
3 - going to weekly mental health meetings
4 - working on getting my ahccss granted
5 - staying on top of work during all this
6 - thanking everyone individually who sent me cards
7 - organizing where everything in the RV goes - nothing extra, everything to have a home.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
My short term goals:

1. Finish my daughter's gloves
2. Finish my friend's gloves
3. Write two book reviews
4. Change hair appointment
5. Figure out google
6. Clean up my home office
7. Write out some Christmas cards

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 12/15/10 01:57 PM.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Boy am I feeling feckless today LOL!!! I keep finding things to distract myself! UGH!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good word! I am not having the best day myself. It's cold in here, wet, smelly (one cat did a bad thing in the corner and it has to dry before i can pick it up)...I am waiting for my dr to call back about some side effects from my meds, and I don't feel like doing anything.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ah... sorry to hear about that messy cat Jilly! Are you having side effects with your new meds? That's so yuck.

I felt so "blah," I decided to make some pralines. They came pretty good - the kids are thrilled of course. Me... I'm plugging along with that book review ;D

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah, the meds are messing with me. Bah.

Save me some pralines.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Sorry to hear that Jilly. :sad:

I'll bring pralines to the editor's retreat!!!!

Deanna Joseph

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Pralines! Maybe we can all bake some brownies too...

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Short term goals:

- organize RV bathroom
- organize rv bedroom
- Send thank you notes
- Mail TTN receipt
- fix electric in house
- Attend a Nami meeting
- Empty water into rain barrels
- put mattress on guest cot
- send friendly note to mentors
- set up bookshelf in house
- move trunk to inside house
- bring rest of kitchen stuff from house into rv
- bring prickly pear wine vat into RV

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
For this week:

I still have to write those two book reviews AHHH!
See about getting my new phone shipped
Figure out Youtube Thumbnails {I'm tired of always looking like I just opened an exploding birthday present}
Article on White Stones
Article on Angel
Read Dream Gates
Set up invites for New Year's Eve Party

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Pralines! Maybe we can all bake some brownies too...

Yum!!!

Deanna Joseph

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great goals this week.

- I plan to write at least one article for each site.
- Organize all of the info that I've been gathering on blogs and writing.
- Check out the newest articles for my mentees.
- Get set to create my vision board for 2011.
- Print out that NaNoWriMo story I wrote and see what I want to do with it.

My short term goals deal mainly with preparing for 2011.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Updating from the 28th; I have only gotten a few things chipped off that list. I am not going to rush myself - i will just give myself a gentle reminder here.

Short term goal list, still to do:

- organize RV bathroom
- organize rv bedroom
- Send thank you notes
- Mail TTN receipt
- Attend a Nami meeting
- Empty water into rain barrels
- put mattress on guest cot
- set up bookshelf in house
- move trunk to inside house
- bring rest of kitchen stuff from house into rv
- bring prickly pear wine vat into RV

And I would like to add:

- make a run to metal recycling area for cash
- work on possible itinerary for retreat
- refill water jugs from water dispensary
- officially cancel water and sewer service
- Invoice FB clients
- do one of the following: walk montezuma well trail, walk jail trail, do bubbling springs trail, check out Copper Canyon Trail
- get pedicure
- get haircut

N
N
It is to take back my life. To become more healthy and more active. Then I will be ready for my big goal which I could do now but I am afraid that it would be a mistake to do right now so I want to make sure that I am completely ready. And in the meantime also I will put as much money aside that I can, the more I will have the less stress I will have when I finally have my freedom.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK here's my short term goals list to help me hone in on the year goals.

* sent five empty-site BellaOnline newsletters
* main email inbox below 3500 messages
* check status of Native American traditions book
* readthrough current medieval deaf book
* readthrough murder #4
* 1 chapter in book 5
* one RC book
* 1 chapter getting published
* organize one office pile

OK I've written all of those on my to do list and will plug away at them! My paper todo list has 36 items on it plus these new ones but if I tackle them one at a time I'll get there smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Before you tackle your short term goals, remember to work on your list of One Year Goals. That will help you know your goals are in the right direction.

OK looking at my one-year goals, I've got a number of things to tackle. The mess in the house is really a key. It impacts everything else I do. We did some basement cleaning today which was great. A step in the right direction. My office area is a huge mess. I need to work on that.

I need to update all my social networking books. Everything's been changing. So I'll tackle those one at a time.

So let's see. To make a list:

* Get email down under 10,000 messages in inbox (it's at about 13,000)
* Work on murder mystery
* spent 20 minutes on cleaning office
* update low carb charts
* update LinkedIn book
* do anything on guitar

OK that will be a starting point at least. One step at a time! I'll make posts about individual tasks in the appropriate forums, to get me going.

Low Carb Forum
D
D
To achieve something targeted one must have goals and objectives. objectives lead to the goals and the goals itself must be of two types, short-term and long-term goals. I am a career coach consultant and know very well the importance of these goals in life or in career equally.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
David, it's good to have you! Yes, we have all of those goals and objective categories defined in these forums. This thread you are in is solely about short term goals. It should be based on the long term goals which we already set elsewhere.

One of my short term goals is to get all my websites mobile-friendly, secure, and updated!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did get all the websites mobile-friendly and secure, so that did get taken care of :).

My house is stuffed full of things, so I seem to struggle with the decluttering goals. My family members keep dumping things on me to sell on ebay and I want to help them. I admit though that it makes it hard on my household organization.

I have to tackle one bin at a time, I think.

Low Carb Forum
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Hi Lisa

It is so nice to see you back!

Short term goals are to implement new routines, like taking 5-minute stretching sessions every hour and becoming more disciplined when it comes to checking my email, or any sort of social media, and concentrate on writing and submitting. These, I'm hoping will turn into long-term goals eventually.

One thing at a time,

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.