Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Aaaaaand my car broke down for good on the way home. I am at a hotel waiting for hubby to get here and take me home. Will have to donate the car and find a new one ASAP while still needing money for my down payment on the house.

But I did not get into an accident, so that is a plus. Also I met some very lovely people here in the library in this small town who offered to help me in any way i needed.

Now in a motel waiting for hubby to arrive at 1am. I expect we will get a few hours of sleep and then drive right back to AZ.

I had a nice talk with my mom about how all the moving and attendant ripples from that has make my life nuts. Like how having no home made me guess where I would fly out from to go to the BellaOnline gathering. I had to guess it would be San Diego, which ended up being an 8 hour drive each way from where I actually am living. And that ended up being too much for my beater car. And so now I need to pay for this motel room, the gas for my hubby to come get me, and the expense of a new car right away, with new registration and plates, etc.

All these stress ripples.

I think of people who have been in their home for 15 years and who don't have to find a new doctor, dentist, pharmacy, bank, hairdresser, library card, DMV and everything every year. Who don't have to change their address on everything official each year. Who don't have stuff in stored in little and big piles all across the country to keep track of.

I know that chances are good this home thing will come through for me, but escrows can fall through. I have no backup plan. I am putting all my eggs in this one basket - this one hope of peace and serenity.

But back to the ripples. I can't wait to stop having the auxiliary stress issues that come with not moving. My mother and I are hoping it really helps with my anxiety issues. I want to look back in a year and feel so amazed at how peaceful my life has become.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes it is definitely key to set up a quiet central core in your life, something you can rely on to be there!

I'm so thrilled that you are building that center for yourself!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
How is everyone doing with their stress this week? Were you able to find ten minutes to sit quietly and relax?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am very interested in the idea of the stress ripples. One stone tossed in a pond sends ripples to each shore, which sends ripples back...and on and on until stillness is found. provided there are no other stones, but let's keep things easy.

I am still working on the one stone. Last night this third car broke down, since getting the fluids and basic parts has not been a priority yet. I am very lucky that my first breakdown prepared me to not repeat history. And I am on the verge of having a dr appt and hopefully long term dr clinic relationship. I am on the verge of having the time to join food banks and find a church for emotional life support. At some point a ripple will help me find some kind of mental health care.

When these kinds of Maslow's Basic needs can be met, then i will really be able to tackle my life priorities and also figure out exactly the balance between work and play.

Right now it seems I have little time for work OR play. It's all just dealing with ripples.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
That is probably the best post I've read. Every word resonated with meaning and to a depth where you could actually feel it as you were reading it.

Ripples have been with me for decades and seem to always give perspective.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

That's fantastic news that you are working one by one on your critical needs! Take it just one step at a time and celebrate the small victories!

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Well, I retired and escaped the stress of my job but then we decided to plunge into a remodeling job at the house which meant that I had to pack up the kitchen, utility room, and two other rooms and find space to put the stuff while the contractors are working. We have a pod too but that means I am working with a microwave, crockpot, frying pan and piles of things and washing dishes in a bathroom sink. But now that is done and the contractor began demolition on Monday which means that in 3 or 4 months my house hopefully will be back in order (sorta in order):)

From one stress to another but this gives me an opportunity to clean house.

Jilly, take care of yourself.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Angie -

That sounds like a huge project to undertake! At least with work you can "get away" and go home when you've had too much. When it is your *home* that is stressful, where can you hide?

Definitely find a little corner of your world to keep sane, where you can retreat when you need to. Having people in and out of your home, and chaos swirling in it, can really wear on you.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elleise, thank you so much. That is very nice to hear. You are awesome.

Also, Angie and Lisa, thank you for your kind wishes.

I am trying to remind myself to feel good about the things that are getting done. I finally feel like I am climbing out of a big dark heap and seeing some sky. There are still things that need to get done, but as dan told me the other day, they are starting to be normal, human, adult things. That everyone has stuff on their plate and i am now joining those ranks, instead of all the crazy that was on my plate for so long.

So that is a good perspective for me to see.

I would like to try to do some Legs Up the Wall yoga with a book today, for 20 minutes, to try to let some of the stress seep away.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Legs up the Wall yoga sounds absolutely perfect for you! See if you can find a spot in your day to enjoy that bliss!

Low Carb Forum
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.