logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Amoeba
Amoeba
Caulbearer, I understand the need to accumulate at least 2 weeks worth, but at times, I have had more than a months supply. Now, it is just I, kids grown, empty nest, so I try to be careful not to buy so much that I can't use it. I've donated more than my share of 'extras' to friends, family, the local food banks, food drives, etc. because I refuse to throw food away. Thankfully, it is getting easier to buy food with expiration dates out to a year or more (unfortunately for us, the chemicals used in those, to preserve them, are not good for our bodies). The lesser of two evils..... I guess. Personally, I try to imagine ALL scenarios when it comes to "what" these future events will entail completely. So, I try to be prepared for a wide variety of scenarios. After all the 'griping, planning and preparing' my children have seen me do throughout the years, I was thrilled when my son (who once thought I was a complete lunatic for hoarding so much food and supplies, and toilet paper, etc) lol he came in toting a gas mask and talking about preparing for events that may come... or as he boldly proclaims, "when the **** goes down". I got a sense of relief knowing he will be one of 'us' survivors. =)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
lcp, You said, "By that time I will be clear minded, and hopefully able to help others work through it. I've always been at my most efficient in an urgency or emergency and won't fall apart until after the dust settles with unforeseen events. With foreseen ones, I do the falling apart thing beforehand." I am the exact same... I'm always the strong one in an emergency while everyone else falls apart. But when I know about an event before it happens, I also do my falling apart beforehand so I am prepared to be the strong one when an event takes place.

OP Offline
Let me first say, that it's really nice knowing that several of you are planning...by using your head and not recklessly purchasing items that have or will have little survalue. It's also nice to know that 'mothers' are getting more involved nowadays. Ten years ago...during my training classes and seminars...it was the 'mothers' who were the most stubborn and resistant individuals for me to get through to. In regards to my 2-week recommendation for food, water and other supplies...I'm directing to those who are beginning or who are at poverty level. lcp, To answer your question...my vision takes place during the Obama Administration's watch.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you so much for the additional information, and all further details as we work through this.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
OP Offline
[quote=lcp012586] Please forgive my directness. Your visions are much clearer than the meager information in my dreams. Do you have any impressions of how quickly things will get "bad" within the larger cities after the triggering event, and how long before it spreads to outlying areas? For some, your response may cause panic. I certainly don't want that, but we live in an outlying area. Having a general idea of how quickly civil unrest may spread helps my preparations. With several major waterways between our home and the nearest large city, I'm hoping that may bide us some time, but I may need to alter my plans to exclude this assumption. If I'm asking this question too soon, please accept my apologies. I understand you can't address my specific area. But even general impressions/information are of value and should be considered. My dreams were so vague and frustrating, and the reason I continue to ask for, and most graciously appreciate, any tidbit with a little more detail from everyone. [/quote] Civil unrest in the larger cities will cause large populations of people to migrate into rural areas. Both good and bad people will flee the urban areas...before the ensuing mass quarantine. Shannon's dream talking about people being fed people...is in relation to what will happen at the inner city confinement centers.

OP Offline
lcp, Sorry, forgot to give you a time line in relation to inner city civil unrest. Large populations of people will migrate into rural ares...within hours! Most of these people will have little or no supplies. Their plan is to make it out of the city into the countryside...THEN...for most of them...their survival mode will kick in causing them to do whatever it takes to get food and supplies...even kill if need be! For this reason, you will want to separate part of your supplies into the 'forgetaboutit' pile. This separate pile of supplies is for 'emergency loss'. What I mean is...if your house/area is raided by those migrating from the city...then it's best to act like you are giving up all of your supplies...than to tell them you don't have anything. Chances are good if you give them 'something' they'll go away. This is an example of "using your head".

A
A
Thanks for the updating insurance post. It's really interesting post. <a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by angelika2010; 08/21/10 05:39 AM.
Tiger
Tiger
Hi angelika2010, welcome to the BellaOnline Forum and I am glad to see you have started to post.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Portioning my supplies is something I had already considered and why I keep a minimum in view in my open cabinets. I'll be working on reorganizing the garage this week. Grouping evacuation "quick grab" items in a convenient area. One of the "survival" shows advised making your house look like it had already been looted. I have plans for that based on news footage of looted areas for realism. It needs to be done late at night with no one around.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Although the information is not pleasant, I'm glad to take with me to the Tribal Grounds on Sunday. I'll be able to work through it there and get some much needed energy from that sacred ground.

In another thread you mentioned trying to work with law enforcement, and how many of them disregard information from unconventional sources as being from crack pots. I have broached the subject with local LEO's twice and both times got the "crack pot" treatment. However, I'm considering trying again with the new sheriff. Being close to the coast, hurricane evacuation is a major part of disaster planning. But we are also mostly rural with only 3 main traffic routes. Unfortunately, one is a major interstate, but there are less than 10 exits in the county. Security for our county is doable with interdepartment cooperation and quick response.

Living within a block of the intersection of 2 of these routes and within 2 miles of the interstate, this is a priority for me. If I can find a way to get through to local law enforcement, I'll share my method in the hopes it may help someone else.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
After my refreshing time at the Tribal Grounds Sunday, I felt strong enough to re-read all our posts here.

Shannon, you mentioned dream(s) of cultural changes about death and dying. I hope you are able to share those when you can.

With each preparation and plan adjustment I'm a little hopeful we'll be able to stay in our home through at least part of this. But I'm still preparing to evacuate to a more rural area. Driving to the Tribal Grounds, I commented how nice it would be to have a bit of land closer and maybe a small cabin. My husband responded with a smile, I think that seed might have hit some dirt.

After a year of contemplation, communication and gathering information from here and there, a plausible scenario has been forming in me. When I was in the woods it seem to "fill out" and get a little clearer. Although perhaps skewed by my general optimism, it "feels" right, and does fit the info. But I have been wrong with a plausible scenario, and we spent 13 hours in traffic to avoid a hurricane that didn't hit anywhere close.

PLEASE feel free to comment, add to, adjust, disagree. Any and all are both welcomed and appreciated. And please accept my apologies for such a long winded post.

The sense of urgency in my dreams last August was so strong, I'm stuck on time frames. This is frustrating as information has been coming for years for some of us. What if we are receiving info about a future period of time, i.e. a 20 to 50 year period, which includes several major events? The lead-in events could be smaller in scope, affecting specific regions more than rural areas at first, with a larger event to follow which brings permanent changes, on a more wide-spread, global scale.

Elleise has shared she doesn't feel her parents will experience the larger, wide-spread event, with perhaps an 18 to 25 year window. (Elleise, I pray your parents to be healthy and with us for many years!) Yet Jade's visions vividly depict events within a much smaller window of 2 to 6 years. I've commented on the number and depth of undercurrents among our leaders and those in power in other threads. I have the sense those undercurrents persist and produce waves of events, regional/nationwide and then global. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and the waves could be manipulated or unintended results.

With economic problems, resulting in more being dependant upon government subsidies, could this be the first wave?

I'm a history buff, like my Father, and grew up with current events a part of our lives. I didn't have to read the entire newspaper, but did have to watch Walter Cronkite every night. For me, the current administration has been the most dividing, in word and deed, of any since my childhood. The closest comparison is the Vietnam War. But that division was among only 2 groups, those who supported the government/war/military and those who opposed.

Our current divisive issues encompass all groups, wealthy and poor, races and religions, conservatives and liberals, citizens and aliens. This widespread division is stimulated and inflated on a daily basis by the media, politcal rhetoric and actions. Has there been a time in our Country's history when the populace was so completely divided on so many issues? Granted, mid-term elections are weeks away and in election years things get messy.

But this negativity has been brewing for a while. It feels like these divisive issues were identified and actually fostered, destined to come to a boil. When the boiling point is reached, and we remain divided, this will be a dangerous time. The undercurrent will unleash its wave. Is this the next one? Based on Jade's visions, it is plausible that harm to a leader could bring all these pots to a boil instantly.

Others have posted the sense this has been building for a while. As Elleise shared, it could perhaps be delayed, if enough of us join and stand up against the power-mongers and those brainwashed with talking points from either side of an issue. So many people I know have completely relinquished their logic, free thought, and responsibility to be informed citizens, and simply do as they are told, how to vote, what to say, etc. It's heartbreaking to realize they, along with those who demand entitlements based on whatever perceived right, will suffer greatly.

There is something positive if my "wave" scenario is accurate. After each wave, there will be a lull, in which to regroup. For this, both short term and long term preparations are in order. Which brings me right back to time frames. UGH. If the next wave is as Jade had shared, how big is that wave, and how much time before we get to the lull?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.