Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
I just wrote a new topic under News and Politics, under Environment.

It affects all Native Americans, as well as all Americans.

If you have a chance to read it and look into it, I'd appreciate your input and help.

The Apache of the area have used this land since before time, and if things keep going the way they are, they won't even be allowed onto it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Do you have a link to this? Is a petition possible to stop whatever is happening or at least slow down some area of it?

Ah! Found it wink

Sale of Protected Land

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 07/27/10 06:47 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
You are so smart~ thank you again.

T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
a good starting link is:
www.indiancountrytoday.com

There are 5 Nations joined in petitioning, along with Az Mining Reform, Sierra Club, Rock Climbing Organizations, and the list goes on and on.

or just look up Oak Flat, Mining

and you can learn all about this travesty.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi TucsonGirl.

I will check into some links I have to add to the ones Elleise gave you.

I do not know if they can or will help out, but it is worth a try.

I will get back to you as soon as I take can.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 07/27/10 11:14 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
It is so sad that our Native American peoples are caught up in the crossfire of the Obama administration, President Calderon of Mexico, and the Immigration Law of Arizona.

Have you fully educated yourself on the AZ Immigration Law? So many people misunderstand and think it was created only for racial profiling. The law was passed in order to enforce the Federal law and to protect the citizens of Arizona from illegals and drug dealers, kidnapping, murder, rape, and other crimes from illegals and criminals from Mexico. These drug smuggling cartels and people smuggling cartels own lands in the US which have not yet been brought under control by our Federal Gov. They have broken our laws and have not been held accountable. All these issues complicate the rights of our Native Americans and their lands. Their needs are pushed aside because of the border issues. Jan Brewer is trying to do what the Federal Gov has failed to do on the border issues.

As for Jan Brewer and John McCain allowing Apache lands to be sold, I do not know enough about this to advise or comment. However, I am very much against sacred lands of our Native American people being stolen and desecrated.

Hopefully, some or all of the links I gave you may provide you with some help. Mark Levine is extremely intelligent and knows laws. He is a Constitutional Lawyer and he served as a top advisor to several members of President Ronald Reagan's Cabinet - including as Chief of Staff to the Attorney General of the United States. I listen to his talk show every night on the radio. He is good! His web site link is: Mark Levine

Here is the link to the Public Land Order Eisenhower signed: PLO 1229

The Public Land Order 1229 which President Eisenhower signed in 1953 was revoked in 2005. Details are at This link.

Have you contacted your state Senator Robert Burns? Just type in Arizona State Senator in your search engine.

Also try these sites:

Janine Turner at Constituting America

Bob Livingston at Personal Liberty Digest

Roger Hedgecock
Roger Hedgecock Show

I hope I have given you info that will help you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
It was the greedy settler quest for gold in South Dakota that unsettled the Lakota, who had been promised the Black Hills & Badlands regions. US Government supported those that paid taxes & supported the expanding economy.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Prior to that, gold was found in the lands of the Eastern Cherokee which lead to the Trail of Tears. Andrew Jackson fought along side Native Americans at the Battle of New Orleans and one saved his life on the battlefield. However, he was corrupt and an elitist. He allowed the lure of gold to rule. All that death and destruction for what turned out to be very small deposits, only a few ever benefited from.

Phyllis, I agree, it is a travesty that Federal land along the Southwest border is no longer safe for our Peoples to use and enjoy due to the dangers of the smugglers. The danger is so great the Feds posted warning signs in some areas. This land has been trashed, literally and this needs to be stopped. We have no way of knowing who is coming into our country through these routes.

I can understand the frustration of local law enforcement. They are stretched to the limit, out manned and out gunned and now face the possibility of car bombings in their back yard, along with the kidnappings and murders. At the very least, Gov. Brewer has placed a spotlight on this issue which is not likely to be dimmed for a while.

As for the proposed land grab by the mining companies, the politicians may have been focused on jobs and industry tax revenues, but at what cost? Only a small portion of any profits would remain here, as the companies are foreign based.

A more long-term profitable idea would be to develop Tribal industries, run and owned by the People. This could reduce poverty on the reservations and eventually eliminate the need for Tribal Federal subsidies. The only problem is the BIA, ANA are just as corrupt as the rest of our government. If these 2 Federal agencies were removed from the plan, the People would stand a chance.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Regarding the border issue: It is unfortunate that it really all boils down to politics. The democrats want the hispanic vote and so do the republicans. Yet the republicans do not want amnesty granted to 10.8 million illegal immigrants. Even though the majority of the country back the Arizona immigration law due to the high jobless rate and other concerns, it does not matter to our government. Once again, the "will of the people" and their safety is overshadowed by political gain, which has become the norm with this administration.

Here is an article from Rueters on the immigration law and the court ruling on it: Analysis of Immigration Law

On the issue of the Apache lands, this is an ongoing fight between the rights of our Native Americans and the government. I see no end to this travesty.

I wonder: if the politicians wanted the Native American vote, would life be better for our First People?

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 07/28/10 06:06 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Your link on the 2005 Partial Revocation is ONLY for a strip of roadway, far away from the Oak Flat wilderness.

I guess I was hoping all the people here would go read about Oak Flat.

About the loss of Apache Leap and it's history.

About the harm to the San Carlos Apache and White Mt. Apache, to the American people, to the wildlife.

I want you to want to call, write, sign petitions, tell people. Let America know what is happening.

To learn what Rio Tinto and BHP have done to the environment, and their record of human rights abuses.

If they get Oak Flat, it is gone forever, a way of life is gone forever. ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.