logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
J
J
It sounds like you've gotten some excellent words of wisdom here (thank you Jase, Robin, and GrannyH), and I just wanted to add my support and thoughts to you and your family. [url=http://www.zyy.com/]Cheap WoW Gold[/url]

Sponsored Post Advertisement
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Thanks Jacklove. We are trudging right along. She is enjoying going to nursery school and having a break 3 days a week is very nice!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It has been 3 months since we got our grandaughter and today her mom calls for the first time. She talked to my husband and told him she had quit drugs and wanted to see our grandaughter. Then she told him she had to go and hung up. We have been having some problems with my grandaugher lately. We got a babysitter for the first time and on Saturday we ate out and spent 9-3 alone for the first time in quite a while. The babysitter brought her back to our house. She was crying and saying she didn't want to live with us anymore and beggging the girl to take her back home with her. That was pretty embarassing! I am worried they think I am beating on her or something. All she keeps asking lately is when she can go home with her mommy. What can you tell a 3 yr old? Anyway. I'm afraid it will end up like last time and the judge giving her back and then a year later end up in the same situation again.

~anonymous~
B
B
Connie, I'm so, so sorry to hear that! That must have been so hard for you guys.

How are things going now?

Oh, and I'm no longer the Adoption editor (thought it was time for a fresh voice and face to take it over), but I am the new Southern Cooking editor. I still want to check in and see how you guys are doing. I was so sad to read your last post!

I hope things are getting better--keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Brandii Lacey
Southern Cooking
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Well, we got all upset for nothing. She never called back. I think maybe she was drunk or druged out and was feeling some guilt. Crazy...I don't understand how anyone can be that way about their child! I guess that is the problem.

My therapist thinks maybe Mary Jayne is feeling guilty about being happy here with us. I wish she was old enough to talk to my therapist, I think it would do her some good. She did tell me when she got old enough that she would see her. I just don't want her to have bad feelings because her mom abandoned her.

We signed up for PreK next fall and she is excited about going to the big kid school. Right now she is going to a nursery school 3 days a week from 8:30 to 11. She really likes that and has made friends. I think going to the nursery school is the best thing that we have done for her.

I just try to worry about today and not tommorow. And I praise God for my therapist! I don't know where I would be today without her!

Hope you enjoy the Southern Cooking. I am looking for a good cobbler recipe...hint hint!

~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Good news finally! The last few weeks have been horrible. My husband talked to the mom about signing the papers so we could adopt Mary Jayne. She agreed but then she had to go before the judge a couple of times before he would let her sign the papers because she was so wacked out. I didn't think the judge would let her as she doesn't stay sober at all. But she finally was able to sign the papers and now we are moving forward with the adoption. I can't tell you all what a relief that it is! I guess good things do happen to those who wait!

~anonymous~
B
B
Connie, I am so, so happy for your!!! Finally--after everything you and your granddaughter have been through!

Congratulations!! smile

Please keep us posted on the progress! smile

Oh, and a cobbler recipe is coming next week on the Southern Cooking site--just for you! smile

Last edited by Brandii-Southern Cooking; 05/01/11 07:55 AM.

Brandii Lacey
Southern Cooking
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I still can't believe she signed the papers! Our lawyer is supposed to send us a letter with all the details for the adoption. I know we have to go and have an OSBI background check and get fingerprinted. Maybe a home study too.

Aww I will be looking forward to the cobbler recipe!

~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The other day Mary Jayne told me she couldn't live with her mom anymore because she was a bad girl. And her mom had told her she was going to take her and leave her at jail because she was a bad girl. Poor thing. I hope one day that all of this will be behind us.

~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
So now we are working on the adoption process. We have to have a home study done and also we have got background checks started.

~anonymous~
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.