Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Why is it that so many of us desire godly things but go about them in ungodly ways? So many women come to me for advice about dating that leads to marriage, but they are seeking approval for unholy unions. Consent between two adults does not erase the fact that fornication, adultery, and petting among other things is sinful. Nor, does getting married undefile the marriage bed.

Can our Sorvereign God bless a marriage that started off unholy? Absolutely, God forgives a repentant heart. Yet, all sin has consequences and it is time we start teaching what the Bible says about sex, marriage, and dating/courting. We cannot compromise Biblical standards any longer silently surrendering to the culture while Christians continue to live in sin, youth in the church are having babies out of wedlock, and adultery is running rampant in the pews.

Next week, I will start a 3 part series of the Bilblical principles of sex. Many of our relationship issues stem from an improper view of this topic and NOBODY talks about it and churches don't even teach about it. Sex is a dirty word? No, sex is a beautiful expression of love and unity that was designed by God to be holy within a marriage between a man and woman.

Wanting a spouse is a godly thing yet we must use godly ways when waiting on the Lord for anything.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The title for this topic is so true. We do want a spouse more than God when we go against what the Word says for a relationship. We can't kick God out of the picture and expect him to bless it. God blesses what he brings together.

*Transitions*
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The title:"wanting a spouse more than god" We have to put God first or I believe we won't be blessed with a Godly spouse or marriage. Believe me, I know, I didn't listen and ended up living in hell for 13 years.

Sarah Redhawk
L
L
HI Dountonia, I have been praying for a mate for quite some time and that is one part of my life i had left God out of, my relationships. But God has been teaching me to think differently, he has brought me to the point of my life where i am now realising that those desires are from him and only he can fulfil them the right way.. not the way i would like him to. I am learning how to find God's love and trust and by seeking him I am gaining a higher relationship with him, but sometimes it gets hard, when i am single it is easy to seek, find and believe in God because God is my only focus but when i get into a relationship it is hard to focus and concetrate on God because i realy want to be married. But i am learning and God is teaching and I may not get it totally down right away but by being confident of this, that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 Please keep me in your prayers especially now since i am seeing someone, I know God is using this as a way for me to learn his ways and trust him in this matter and i know i will face many adversities in the process but i will make it. God Bless you all Thank you!! :)

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hello, Ladydecipher. Thank you so much for your post. I can totally relate to leaving God out of my realationships. But like you, I am now at a place where I am learning how to enjoy being "alone" with God during this period of singleness. I look forward to the day when I will be presented to the man God has chosen for me. You have encouraged me so much and I will be in prayer for you as you learn everything God has for you in this new relationship. And, if it is God's will, this may be the one He has for you. May God continue to bless and keep you, my sister.

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 07/13/10 10:04 AM.
L
L
Thank you as well i will also keep you in my prayers. God's timing is the best timing. God Bless!! :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.