Hi all

The reason I ask is because I feel like I am under pressure for my son to call my SM nan. I don't feel he should he has nans a live. He is use to calling stepmum by her name now and just don't feel that I should feel this way. He loves my stepmum to bits but she is not his nanny.

I was at the local bus stop and an old lady who is a family friend knows my dad, stepmum well. So was talking and said to lo we go and see so and so now and she corrected me saying nanny. Also my stepmum introduces me to everyone as her daughter and for her she might see me or lo as grandson but I don't. I suppose maybe she is doing it to not make me feel funny.

I have now started saying to people that she is not my mum. I can't pretend no more.

Then with lo I am kind of torn because my OH would never let our son call her name. However when he gets older and understands the situation more if he wants too it's entirely up to him.
Then again don't want my partners mum or my mum to feel upset. As my SM sees lo more that both of them as we live close to my dad.