logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Well currently I am technically on Copaxone. I gave myself a vacation from the daily shots but have to start back before I take the chance of a flare. Copax is good but I hate shots so am really waiting for the new oral pill to hopefully be approved around September - just a few months to go, I hope. I guess my biggest problem is fatigue. I have found success with Prozac so am not totally stuck in bed 24/7 now. I have also done my fair share of solu-medrol IV's even taking it monthly for a bit of time. Thankfully it has been about a year since my last flare. I am glad you have found antivirals help with bad episodes.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I'm glad Prozac is helping you. It sure helped me when I was getting out of the Betaseron study. I hadn't needed it till recently (even tho the dr. thought otherwise:) Something not good happened! My face swelled up so big that I had to be taken to the ER for trouble holding my head up and swallowing. That dr. said he didn't think the Prozac caused it, so I continued, and the same thing happened again. I'm not happy about it because it helped me so much before. Maybe it was a drug interaction. The methyl-pred fried my thyroid, so I am taking a replacement (which I wasn't before). Or, maybe the 18oz bag of M&M's I polished off that week. lol So. It's summer. Hardly MS party time. I've started deleting the MSAA emails I get. They always want something: walkathon participation, donation drive, bike-a -thons, in this weather. in AZ. Not.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
BTW, have you had your thyroid checked? Once I started taking the replacement Levoxyl, my energy level came up remarkably. I also learned that soy products lower thyroid, which explained a lot of sudden weakness I'd had.

OP Offline
That is a strange reaction. I have had swallowing/choking problems, but it was due to MS, not due to any pills. Have you been wondering if anyone else with MS is on this forum? I hope we get to meet more people, not that I'm not thoroughly enjoying your company. (smile) Yes about the thyroid. I was soooo hoping I had a thyroid condition because I knew I could be treated for it and the fatigue would clear up. My doctor kept testing it, but the results were all the same, my thyroid was fine. The MSAA is located in my neck of the woods. Their headquarters being just a couple of towns away. I don't get much mail from them these days. The National MS Society has lightened up to. I was bothered much more if I made a small donation, so I just stopped donating to them. Eventually they stopped bugging me so regularly. We are beginning another heatwave here in Jersey. I have been stuck hiding in the a/c for a good month now and we haven't even reached our real hot months yet. Hesitate to think about what July and August will hold. Thanks for the tip about soy products, I didn't know that. Well enjoy your hot day and I will try to do the same. Keep Cool! lol

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I see over 500 readers have visited the thread you started! Trying hard not to be self-conscience about that;) All ya'll interested in talking MS, please do jump in.

OP Offline
Maybe if we continue to babble on a generous soul will come along and join in so that we can have some diversity. Or maybe we should start a new thread and diversify on our own. :) If so, it is your turn, so fire when ready. You are guaranteed ONE commenter at the least. LOL

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I had a nice rant in Politics/Independent today. Ran out of steam before running out of opinion. I generally look on the bright side and I feel grateful daily. In that vein, I feel less conspicuous now (with the tremors and such). After a certain age, 'everybodys' got somethin' (wrong with them). So, everybody, if you've got somethin', join in. Disabilities have different names, but the challenges are pretty universal.

OP Offline
What a coincidence you should mention tremors. I have seen a noticeable increase in my tremors when I am out and about. I can feel it takes a lot more energy to be active and the fatigue shows up rather quickly in my hands now. We use the tremors as a warning signal that I need to rest and/or cool off. When they reach a certain point though, we know it is time to head home. How is your walking ability? Mine is lousy. I think if I want to enjoy longer trips a wheelchair is in my future. I am going the exercise route right now though. Hoping to strengthen my legs gradually. I spent my healthier years exercising with weights, I believe it gave me a little more time, but after 17 years, the MS is starting to get the upper hand as far as walking ability is concerned.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I can't stand still. I have to channel the tremors by standing feet wide apart, and swaying as if I had a child on my hip. For the most part, I Zen-out and can hide a lot of tremor with these methods. Unless something (heat, tired, or toads) crack my Zen. Handling small things, like change, is a chore, and I do hate getting those little pity looks from cashiers. Zen crack. Now we ARE going to be here awhile. A couple of months ago I had a very unpleasant (Court) encounter with the nasty little roach I married 27 yrs ago, and divorced 10 ago. When it was over, I had full body tremors that lasted over a month. I was exhausted beyond repair, and half-mad at myself that this small little man could make me so ill. And really embarrassed that it (I) was such a spectacle in the courtroom. In any other circumstance, I'd have stayed home and out of the public eye. I do have trouble walking, which is why I think MS Walkathons are so ridiculous. lol I keep breaking my toes, and with balance probs, a broken toe or two literally ruins my day(s). I've gotten religious about wearing shoes and slippers, and so far, no breakies recently. I had always been active, too, and I too think it has served me well with MS. Do miss heels, tho. The only way I could wear them now is if they came with a mannequin stand to hold me up. ROFL BTW, I can't remember how to start a new thread.

OP Offline
Above your user name is a tab, "topic options" click on it and one of the choices should be a new topic, which I am guessing means a new thread. At least when I'm this tired, it seems to make perfect sense, will have to wait until I get some sleep to know for sure though. Broken toes!!!! OUCH!!!! Glad you aren't enduring that at this moment. Glad you aren't being stressed out in your personal life as well. Stress and MS certainly do not mix! Take care and I will look forward to "seeing" you tomorrow. We finally got a break in the weather. I can breathe again! LOL

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.