logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rawlin Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I created this website to help people recover from Biblical shame and guilt. I have lived this story. My goal is to get the website to go around the world and help as many people as possible. Please pass it on to anyone and everyone you think might benefit. You may even save a life. www.youarenotgoingtohell.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
LOL! Perhaps, but I think GOD does the opposite of what we do in our judicial system and presumes we are guilty unless there is evidence to prove otherwise by means of conversion or good deeds. (shrug). At least that seems to be the sum of what the Bible teaches everyone.

L
Shark
Shark
L
No one will go to Hell who doesn't insist upon it.

It is extremely easy to avoid Hell. All you have to do is accept the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ, and if you truly do this, then...LISTEN TO ME...all your sins are forgiven, completely and permanently. It does not matter what you've done in the past, what sins you are struggling with now, or how you might slip up in the future. A life given to Jesus is secure, NOW AND FOREVER. That is what the Bible teaches, in the whole counsel of God. See for example: Romans 3:23. Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9, the entire third chapter of John, and on and on.

There is so much lying and misinformation everywhere about Hell. Unfortunately, a sizable amount is spouted by ignorant believers. The truth is simple. Whether or not you go to Hell does not depend on your sexual orientation, whether you've killed a baby or an adult, or upon any other sin you might have done or will do, except one.

The only way you can go to Hell is by rejecting Christ. Seek the truth with all your heart, learn what the Bible really says about our current state and what Jesus did to redeem us. Then, if you want no part of reconciliation with God, you don't want a clean slate, a joy and power-filled life on earth or a forever adventure with no tears ever again...if you decide not to sign up for this offer, you are choosing to be forever separated from God and everything that He made. That is Hell.

Now Rawlin, you want people to believe what you tell them about the Bible. I don't know why they particularly should. Many scholars and apologists have written well-researched and logically presented books defending the reliability of the Scriptures as we have them. You use lots of sweeping generalizations, emotional language and anecdotes on your site, but these can hardly be accepted as proof of your position.

I suggest that people looking for serious arguments about the reliability of Scripture and Christianity in general get a copy of C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity, Lutzer's Seven Reasons why You Can Trust the Bible, or Josh McDowell's Evidence that Demands a Verdict. There are lots of other well-written choices. Just google "Christian apologetics" and you'll find many online resources, too.

Now of course there are just as many books written from the anti-Bible side of the issue. Read them too, if you like, and decide for yourself. The Bible is a supernaturally designed, written, and preserved message from God to His beloved human beings, and it will stand up to any attacks against it, never fear. In all your reading, read with discretion, make notes, ask questions, look for inconsistencies and unprofessional language (such as calling believers evil or brainwashed idiots). You might even proceed with prayer. If you are honestly seeking the truth, and you think God does or might exist, ask Him to guide you in your quest. He will. He loves you and wants you to be reconciled to Him.

L
Shark
Shark
L
Thanks for writing, Silverwolf. I need to clarify what the Bible teaches about guilt, etc. Scripture says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23). Everyone is guilty, and if you know of any exceptions aside from Jesus, please let me know. Good deeds and conversion do not prove you are not guilty. Conversion to Christ proves that you understand your need for redemption (because of your guilt!). Good deeds done apart from belief in God mean nothing...they can't absolve you and in fact Scripture says they are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). Good deeds done in service to God also have nothing to do with getting right with God or earning salvation, but are evidence of your true faith, and of your love for Jesus. Take a look at Ephesians 2:8-10 to see that.

Shark
Shark
I understand. I just simply meant that perhaps your statement let off folks too easy in thinking Heaven was open to everyone with little or no effort involved. One must follow the 10 Commandments, show compassion and mercy to others, follow the teachings of Christ - the Bible does show a pathway to Heaven, and it involves faith and believing. It's a choice we all must make, right? Isn't it the Puritans faith that brought to light the belief that we are all sinners and we must work in God's name to gain salvation? There were problems with that during the Salem witchcraft folly but the general idea I think is still valid.

L
Shark
Shark
L
Silverwolf, Heaven is indeed open to everyone. It is the gift of God, available to any who will accept it. The absolute sum total of what you must do to get to Heaven is accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

The absolute sum total of what you can do to earn or merit Heaven is nothing. This is not open to private interpretation. Salvation/eternity with Christ in Heaven is a free gift, purchased for us by Jesus' perfect life, voluntary death on our behalf, and resurrection from the dead. His work is FINISHED, and we cannot add anything to it to gain salvation. The only thing we can do is accept the gift, or reject it.

Following the ten commandments, showing mercy and compassion and obeying Jesus' commands are, of course, the best way to live. But as I said before, they cannot make you worthy of Heaven, and only have merit as expressions of obedience and love for a God you have already surrendered to as Lord and Savior.

Many cults and even some misguided Christian preachers try to add rules and requirements that you must follow to be saved, but they are dead wrong. Scripture is crystal clear: Jesus plus nothing equals your salvation. When you are saved, the Holy Spirit indwells you and transforms you and you will find yourself eager to obey Jesus, follow the commandments and show compassion--these are the fruits of an already-accomplished salvation. These truths are found throughout Scripture. Here are a few places to check: John 5:24, John 10:27-29, John 11:25-26, John 1:12, Titus 3:5, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 1:3-5, Romans 8:38-39, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:8-10.

May God bless your reading of His Word.

L
L
to work u'r way to heaven how do u know when u've done enough? or what qualifies as great enough to be pleasing to God? God made it simple and man has tried ever since to figure out how to keep some people out. only trusting in the finished work of Christ is the way to be accepted by Him. on believing that Christ died in u'r place (for u'r sin) and confession of u'r sinful state w/repentance, we are accepted by Him and are reborn. His spirit resides in us and changes how we think and act. His word "the bible" is a love letter to us and teaches us how to live a life pleasing to Him. prayer give us the life line to talk to Him and hear from Him. community gives us like minded people to fellowship w/and form relationships that can help guide and admonish us if we veer off the path. hell is hot and as real as heaven. Jesus taught more about hell than heaven. just like we look forward to spending eternity in heaven those who miss heaven have only an eternity of hell to look forward to. that's is why Jesus said go into all the world and preach the 'good news'. what other "good person" could do anything to give us salvation? no one else was perfect enough to be a pleasing sacrafice for a holy God to acceept as a payment for our sin.

L
Shark
Shark
L
Welcome to BellaOnline and Bible Basics, lillia. Thanks for your words of wisdom. You have a clear understanding of the truth, and the ability to express it--I'm glad to meet another sister in Christ.

L
L
thanks for the welcome. i hope that silverwolf is open to receive. i love God's word and really believe it's true not just an allegory or worth reading because it gives good advice.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.