Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
EXCERPT: Censorship of conservative thought, conservative solutions and traditional values is not only a sad fact of life, but is directly contributing to the decline of our republic. Such censorship is rearing its ugly head throughout the mainstream media, Hollywood, the music industry, secondary school through college and university, the work force and across "our" government.

Publisher squirm over conservative protagonist

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
This does not seem like censorship - just the publishers making a choice about whom they wish to represent.

Last edited by Susan - Horses/Animals; 05/27/10 05:40 PM.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
It looks exactly like censorship to me, but it's nothing new. Conservative Christians have, for as long as I can remember, been made to look like evil lunatics. Example: Carrie's mother in "Carrie" by Stephen King. We buy it, so they just keep throwing it at us. We know better, but the kids don't, and that's the scary part of it.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Thank you, Kitten. In my opinion, it was also censorship. If Douglas MacKinnon had been an unknown author, maybe I would see it different. He is a well-known author, though, who has had a successful career as a novelist.

Douglas MacKinnon sent me a copy of Vengeance is Mine to read and review. I have done so and the review will be posting soon. He also answered some questions for me. The interview will post the day after the review. The hero, while a Christian conservative with views that are not politically correct, is still very human. That is a refreshingly honest approach.

You can access the review now through my Fiction Writing Store. He told me that his book is selling quite well through Amazon.

Last edited by Lisa - Fiction Writing; 07/24/10 10:48 AM.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
The second post in that thread is ridiculous and the reason why society is so screwed up right now is that there are many people like her who were given too much power for too long, when people started to finally wake up (i was awake from the start) they turned violent after their crying did not work!

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.