logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
what does it mean i have been with my boyfriend a year.. and he asks me to marry him during sex. i basically told him i wasnt going to answer this until its done the right way sober, clothed etc. he said he just wants to know where my head is. i dont get it. but the red flags are up. any insight would be helpful

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Is this the only red flag? Because it might not be a true red flag. He must have been overcome with emotion, euphoria and love at that time and blurted it out.

If he still feels the same way when you're both "sober" then he means it.

D
OP Offline
D
he was sober.. and did talk about it after i just told him when and if he was interested in doing it the right way to then ask..

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
So, did he?

[quote=diana6301]he was sober.. and did talk about it after i just told him when and if he was interested in doing it the right way to then ask.. [/quote] By this, it mean that he want it seriously. You should be confident, its the time to change your boyfriend to a life partner. Go ahead and don't miss this moment.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I noticed you said he asked you to marry him during sex, not while making love. Was this not a loving joining for you? If he thought he was making love to you and was so overcome with emotion that he asked you to marry him, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy about that, but that's just me.

There are certainly many other ways to propose to a girlfriend, but if my boyfriend asked me to marry him while making love to me I would feel wonderful and accept his proposal on the spot. Maybe it just depends on how you view the act of sex and what you get out of it.

If your relationship is strong and loving then your boyfriend may have just felt so much love for you at that moment that he could not help himself. Is he someone you'd indeed like to marry?

I hope I didn't offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
You made a very good point, Cassie67. smile

But for some men, the physical sensations take over the brain and they are overcome with emotion...and it is only temporary. In the throes of passion, some men blurt out things they don't really mean.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
A marriage proposal is a big thing to blurt out unintentionally in the throes of passion. I have a hard time just imagining an unintentional proposal happening, knowing that men in general are less emotional than women. I tend to believe that her boyfriend was serious, but I guess anything could happen...

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Parakeet
Parakeet
My husband first told me that he loved me when he was _very_ drunk and had called me for a ride. I didn't take it seriously (we'd barely started dating but had known each other for a while), but a few months ago I was teasing him about it and he said that the feelings were real at the time but he'd needed his inhibitions to be down to say it.

I'd guess that it was serious, but he asked then because he felt more comfortable baring his feelings when you were (in a way) doing the same.

Julie

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Ah, that makes sense Julie.

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.