Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dolyn Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
The more I see parents with their kids, the more I'm convinced if I had a kid, I'd be arrested for neglect. No way I'd be allowed to raise them the way my mother raised us. Can someone please tell me exactly what age a boy can be before his mother can let him use a public restroom by himself? I swear to God, I ran smack into a kid who had to be at least 11 or 12 coming out of a ladies' room bathroom stall. I was about to tell him he was in the wrong restroom when his mom at the sink said, "Step back and let her out Chris." As far as I can tell, he had no "impairment" that I could see. Seriously. This is ridiculous. Can't these people trust their kids to NOT get molested or kidnapped for the 2 minutes it takes to pee? I swear, next time I see an inappropriately aged boy in the ladies' room, I'm going to start stripping. See what his mom thinks of that!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
What do men do when they take their daughters out? They let them go it alone, that's what. Or at least that's what they did when I was growing up. I think it's only the overprotective mothers probably still breast-feeding those 12-year old boys who take them into the ladies' room with them until they graduate.

Elephant
Elephant
Wow 11-12 is a little old. Kids do get kidnapped and molested in public restroom all the time. Things are scary these days but at some point you have to teach your kid to scream for help if something is happening.

Parents just don't want to take responsiblity these days (for anything). Makes the rest of us look like a bunch of a-holes.

My son was about 7 when I felt comfortable with him going on his own. Before that he didn't seem to understand how to scream for help if something happened. It's not something that is easy for them to learn.

I know tons of guys who take their girls into the men's room too cuz you never know what kind of freaky kidnapper beeotches may be lurking in the ladies room (especially here in AZ, we have the highest rate of kidnappings in the entire country and it's often done by women).

Having your son in the ladies is not convenient for anybody but I would rather get dirty looks from some hater than have my son kidnapped or abused by some freak and if you stripped in front of a kid most kids would just laugh at you so you might want to try another strategy : )

I have no issue with married no kids. Just another POV for you to ponder when feeling totally irked by breeders.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

D
Dolyn Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I can't even imagine a dad taking a ten year old girl into a men's room with all those penises around. If you are THAT worried your daughter will get kidnapped, WAIT OUTSIDE for her. Sorry ExerciseEditor, I don't want a 7 year old boy in the ladies' room. I don't know the solution to the paranoia parents have these days, but if your kid can wipe his own butt I don't want him in my restroom. I didn't call anyone a "breeder." I called them "paranoid."

D
D
You are right: 11-12 is too old. The solution is "family" bathrooms, unisex, single room, lock on the door. However, realistically speaking, the boy-child in your ladies' room is more embarrassed than I presume you are. I would definitely take a boy-child in with me if I were at all concerned about the dodgy surroundings, and I'd expect the female adults in the room to be understanding and, well, grown-up.

S
Shark
Shark
S
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
Kids do get kidnapped and molested in public restroom all the time. Things are scary these days but at some point you have to teach your kid to scream for help if something is happening.

I'd like to say I have lived in 5 cities in 5 different countries, and in none of them kids were kidnapped and molested in bathrooms ALL THE TIME. The only thing that is worse theses days is that we live in an over-informed society, we are always over-exposed to every little piece of bad news that happens somewhere in the world by the media and we end up becoming kind of paranoid. Most kids who go pee by themselves survive and most of the time they don't even need to scream their lungs out.

E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
I survived childhood going into the bathrooms alone when my dad took me out. I guess I was lucky. I think being surrounded by penises would have scarred me for life. Some parents these days do seem overly cautious to the point of paranoia. The world is full of dangers but you can't keep kids in a bubble.

D
Dolyn Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
[quote=Daisy67] I would definitely take a boy-child in with me if I were at all concerned about the dodgy surroundings, and I'd expect the female adults in the room to be understanding and, well, grown-up. [/quote] Dodgy surroundings?! I was in ikea!

Shark
Shark
I used to worry about this with my niece and nephew when I babysat them. It's really hard when you have a boy AND a girl, and they're a year apart.

I rarely went anywhere with them unless I had my mom with me. She'd stand outside the bathroom and ask folks to wait just a second because my nephew was in there. Most people were really nice about it and understood. Some people didn't mind him being there and went on in. But it was comforting to have my mom outside warning folks there would be a young boy in addition to his sister.

It's frustrating, and it's hard. I think as long as the mom (or whomever) keeps the kid from crawling under the stalls and peeking at people, then it's all right.

My beef is with grown men in the ladies' room for no apparent reason. I've opened the door to the ladies' room in several places only to see a man in there (and not one who works there either). When I step back out after apologizing profusely for being confused, I double-check the sign on the door. Yes, it has a woman on it. Yes, it says "Ladies" or "Women". Yes, there is a men's room right next to it. No, the door isn't locked because while I'm standing there in a perplexed state, another man walks right into the men's room proving it's really a men's room that can be used. So that bothers me. Why on earth are men going into the ladies' rooms?

So kids are no big deal to me. I'd be worried too if I were a parent. Esp after seeing so many men using the ladies' rooms. I wouldn't want my child in a public bathroom by himself. I'm sure by age 11, they're going to be fine, but I'd probably still worry while the kid was in there.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
happy one - I've never seen men in the women's room, but I'm not surprised I've been to many places where women use the men's room because of long lines. I've never heard of a line in the mens room though...lol...
As a parent I think 11 or 12 are definitely too old to use the ladies room (or mens room). A few places have family restrooms now. Thats good. There are so many crazies in the world today (as we read the headlines of kids disappearing) that most parents would worry about their kid being out of their site. The best they can do is station themselves outside the restroom until the child comes out. There was an article in the paper yesterday where a father who was standing a little off from his 6 yr old daughter see a man walk up to his child, put his arms around her and touch her inappropriately. Scary...
but at a certain age you do need to let them go in the restroom by themselves.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.