logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
BACKGROUND: I recently (6 wks ago) broke up from a 3 year relationship. It was the love of my life which became such from day after day improvements, from a seed of love to a tree of love, each day, each week growing more in smiles and hugs. But in the end they had an affair and feeling they had wrecked the relationship, left me, started another relationship and moved on for someone younger with money.

OK THE DREAM: I was riding in a car looking at bodies of water, lakes & rivers with my brother-in-law ( my sister recently got married, late in life, and finally found someone who she shares much happiness with). He was telling me that he enjoys the water much and that it brings him much happiness, but he wasn't satisfied with the local choices so I was trying to help him choose a lake or river... pointing out the silvery reflections of the sun on the waters and how beautiful they were....
THE DREAM HIGH POINT: The next thing I know... I am riding my bicycle, looking for a lake, a specific lake and searching for it. So I think I know where to go to find this lake, and I ride/drive my bike on a high bridge... that I can't see the horizon! ... I build up speed and enter on the bridge... expecting to veer right... but to my surprise! the bridge is out! ... and I go DIVING OVER... from a magnificient height... and as I fall I see the beautiful forest of the Northwest (presently I live in South Korea) many pine trees... golden sun setting sky... and I see down below, a mountain stream/river running, which as banks of solid stone... and I also see objects of others.. who have fallen to the prey of the bridge... as I have just done. I fall towards the water, but I am short. I fall maybe 6000 feet to the rocky bank... expecting much pain & death.... but then I gently awake from the dream. I awake from falling to my death and I am OK!
THE MORE I CONTEMPLATE IT, I am a little disturbed by it because I have never dreamed of my death before... but when I awoke! ... in my dream I felt no pain... and nor was I sure... that I had died! As I write this, I think I might understand the symbols of the story a little bit more... but I would appreciate an objective voice also. If anyone sees the pearls here, please share your thoughts. Thankfully yours... the solo-hiker!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Hi Solo...I see the dream as more of a "report card" or a reflection of what you have recently experienced and the dream giving advice about how to deal with it. Bodies of water represent our emotional life. Here you are riding with your "brother-in-law" searching for the right body of water. Because your BIL recently got married and the fact here the BIL represents the male active side of yourself that wishes to seek and find that perfect state or place of emotional happiness (the right body of water) In the dream you were riding your bike (moving through life on your own motivation, self-driven) and got to a HIGH bridge. A bridge is a transition place, it connects one part of our life to another. You WERE on a real high in the past with your relationship, or so you thought. "It" or the relationship...ALMOST made it. Just as you thought you had achieved that place of a satisfying relationship.....you "fell off" the bridge...in other word s you didn't QUITE make it to that place you were expecting to get..."You Fell Short", expecting to DIE, but you didn't. The death you expected is not a physical death...it was the death of a relationship, like a divorce, it is a mini death. A time of the death of one cycle of life to the rebirth of a new cycle. The dream suggests to me that you had worked hard, (rode a bike, self motivation) to make the relationship work but it fell short of reaching the emotional happiness you sought. You felt heart broken, expecting your life had come to had end, but it hasn't. The dream is telling...You Really OK!! ....my thoughts..TL

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.