Next Thread
Print Thread
#590418 03/12/10 01:56 PM
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Lots of angry people out there, as I'm sure you've noticed. Many are angry at God, but perhaps have not thought through their reasoning...exploring that today in Angry with God. Do you think I've hit the mark on this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Great Article LeeAnn,

I have seen this all too much. "I can't love a God who let my mother die from cancer."

"I can't love a God who let my son die in the car accident."
The list goes on.

God is seemingly blamed for everything inluding eartquakes, floods, etc...as Acts of God.

An eartquake is caused by tectonic plates moving, floods are caused by rivers and such overflowing, the list goes on.

Now these same people who blame God for everything are the ones who fail to thank Him for them winning the lottery or having a healthy baby born.

I mean if He's responsible for all of the bad, shouldn't He be responsible for all of the good that happens as well?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Angry people are everywhere, they seem to blame everything and everybody. I guess God comes pretty high on that list.

You've produced a thought provoking article LeeAnn and may many people be provoked!

Echoing Vance how can people blame the bad on God and not the good?

Either people believe He exists or they don't. If God doesn't exist why blame Him?

If God does exist then maybe we should find out or end up where we don't want to be.

Rachel

Rachel, Spanish Cult Ed
Andalucia Holidays

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Most confusing is when people are angry at God, so they decide not to believe He exists...does anyone else see a problem with that logic?

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
"Most confusing is when people are angry at God, so they decide not to believe He exists...does anyone else see a problem with that logic? " - LeAnn

This is actually what reconfirmed my belief in God at one time in my life. I had been having doubts because I felt "abandoned" and then I found myself railing at Him one day doing the "how can You let so many things happen to us?"

And it hit me that I couldn't blame Him for all these things and not believe in Him at the same time. It actually got me back into my Bible studies. I realized I was acting like a spoiled teenager throwing a tantrum.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
A
Yes, I run into that quite a bit. I post a blog doing original psalms with noted bible scriptures, and there's more people against Christianity out there or just plain atheists than there are believers. But that's why I'm there. [url=http://www.open.salon.com/blog/anne_cutri]My blog[/url]

Last edited by Anne Cutri; 03/16/10 09:47 PM.
M
M
Great article Lee Ann. God is supposed to be all knowing, all powerful the Almighty God. If he can make mountains, rivers, people, the sun and the Moon why can't he have control over the things he makes?? If he can't control the things that happen(ed) then one chooses not to believe, I guess. We are taught that we are His children but He shows us no control when we "need" it the most so this brings doubts. My Mom passed away recently -- after that I began to question a lot of things in my life; for instance, when certain things happened in my life that I needed I discovered she was very spiritual and probably prayed for me cuz during difficult times in my life -- I forgot to pray so it was my Mom that prayed for me. I had a very awful dysfunctional father that ruled the household and WE kids needed God there, but were not saved. How can you (God) not find the time, compassion to save little kids or toddlers from an abussive atmosphere or kids living in cages that their father made them live in(in the news). Dysfunctional ppl live in the past, they don't live in the present & kids are the last thing they want to deal with so there was no Bible in the house, not much love & affection & certainly not educationed on the Bible for both the kids and the dysfunctional father. I questioned His existence for many, many decades. I now realize He is in my life and has been but when He sees fit. When I have done wrong, He is sure to be there to punish me -- immediately. But when I need to accomplish a good goal such as my education & my health getting in the way of me not completing it, He's not around to see this goal be completed! He also put my ex in my path which he was also dysfunctional -- I asked myself for many yrs why did God put him in my Path when I needed a complassonate man, a kind friend, a leader, a teacher, loving partner! Instead I got a mean, cold-hearted distant man for a husband! The last time I asked God for something was for my Mom for the day of her funeral. The weather was awful, cold, raining, wind blowing 30 miles an hour, it looked like the trees were all going to tumble down I asked him to please calm the weather down for my Mom cuz she wouldn't want to be out in this weather. I wouldn't want her to be buried on a day like this. I prayed & fell asleep & when I woke up it was calm outside. Immediately after she was lowered, the weather got worse, I was shivering so it was time to go. I believe God did this for my Mom only becuz she was very spiritual. So yes, I'm angry with God but trying to work on forgiving cuz now He took my Mom.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
It's perfectly okay to be angry with God. He can handle it! Pour out your heart to Him and tell Him all your troubles. Then be still and listen to what He might want to tell you. A really good way to hear God is to read your Bible. Read it every day and be looking for truth and encouragement and help for your life. Commit your life to Him, then you are His child.

Let me assure you that God never leaves you. He is omnipresent, which means He is everywhere, all the time. Even when you can't feel His presence, and things are going wrong, He is there. We all have to deal with the results of our own bad choices, and other people's sinful behavior, too. God doesn't usually "control" people, because He gave us the gift of free will. We make our own choices, for good or bad. We can decide to live for Him, and if we do, He sends His Holy Spirit to live in us, to help us to know the right things to do, and to help us get through the bad things. People who reject God can decide to do terrible things, and some do, because they have free will, too. No one was treated worse on Earth than Jesus Himself, so He knows about abuse. We, as His children, are responsible to do right, and to fight against wrong as long as we're still living. God will help us to do that, and when we die He'll welcome us home as He did your mother, to a place of joy and no more tears forever.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.