logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Zebra
Zebra
But the 'Higher part' was exactly what she was focussed on.

There's nothing there at all, that states that she's of a mind to say "All right whatever comes, I'll accept it." That's the whole point of her blog.
This is all to do with 'letting go and letting God'.
Throughout the blog, what she's emphasising is that it's got a whole lot less with hoping her prayers will be answered the way she wants. it's got more to do with accepting the fact that God has a plan, and much as we might dislike it, we have to trust he knows exactly what he's doing.
Hence the getting in the wheelbarrow....
That was the whole point....

which is actually as far removed from Buddhism as one could get.
It's a complete abdication of personal choice, and responsibility for consequences, by declaring a belief that 'All right, whatever happens, it was his idea not mine, so don't blame me...."
And from a Buddhist point of view, I don't personally know many Buddhists who would say "All right whatever comes, I will accept it."
We would be extremely selective about what is "acceptable" and what isn't.....

to respond to your points.

smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
yes, Lisa-B, I got you the first time!:D

This is actually one of the reasons I follow the Theravada tradition.
It's very "tell-it-like-it-is", 'cut to the chase' Buddhism, with a no-nonsense approach, and a very direct way of saying 'This is it, read, mark, inwardly digest, then deal with it.'
I love it.
Sometimes, it's like a bucket of cold water, but the sharp shock and intake of breath certainly opens my eyes, and can be very bracingly refreshing!
The problem is (if indeed, it can be called a 'problem') I permit myself to be influenced to react to input, contribution and comments from others in similar fashion.
I'm very "tell-it-like-it-is", 'cut to the chase' in my approach, and it doesn't always go down very well..... shocked blush

You know, I am very tell-it-like-it-is in my daily life too. And in forums and blog comments etc. it can be very hard to communicate things smoothly because there's no body language, or smiles, and it's hard to communicate irony, sarcasm etc., so sometimes things are taken personally that wouldn't come across that way in person.

But I also think it's important to remember this forum is not a Buddhist forum like some others, where almost everyone is a practicing Buddhist. BellaOnline is a general site, and many of the people viewing threads are probably just interested in learning a little more about Buddhism. And of those practicing, many are probably Mahayana (in fact, based on page hits, any articles or book reviews I do related to Tibetan Buddhism are always the biggest draws.)

So, I do think it's helpful to always preface things with 'In the school of BUddhism I study, X is true' or 'my interpretation of this BUddhist is teaching X' etc., i.e. always qualifying it as your opinion. Even though I realize that it is of course entirely obvious that it is your opinion, because you are posting it. But it softens what is being said, for anyone who may not be familiar with Buddhism, and allows them to feel their opinion, Buddhist orthodox or no, is welcome.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Zebra
Zebra
Oh. Right.

*holds tongue*.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.