logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#587012 02/25/10 03:03 AM
F
OP Offline
F
FUR RONDY!! Wow! The festivities begin in only two days! I am going to be driving the 55 miles (one way) to Anchorage more than once over the next couple of weeks - Fur Rondy in Anchorage is simply NOT to be missed! It is our far-north version of Carnival in Louisiana, but without the silly necklaces. Instead of necklaces, we have beaver boots, toasty-warm silver fox hat (real or fake, your choice ;), seal-skin gloves ... and snow games like snow-shoe baseball and the "Running of the Reindeer!" <L> Beer and wine tastings abound, restaurants and stores are crowded with fun-seekers. There are activities for everyone - young and old alike ... and it continues for nearly three WEEKS! Huge ice sculptures are planned, carved, sometimes painted ... and other times melt, but are enjoyed never the less. There is so much more! Pop over to the Alaska Site for the full article on Fur Rondy from it's hopeful rural beginnings to it's now world famous dog sled sprint races! Food, fun and games! Come for Rondy ... and STAY for the Iditarod! The last Great Race begins just as Fur Rondy is winding down - you could stay for an entire month and not run out of activities to watch or participate in. What a great way to chase winter blues out and reinvigorate yourself to face the last dregs of what is always a loooong, dark winter. FUR RONDY is a BLAST!! It's a time of silliness, playfulness and letting go of the seriousness of winter. If you can't make it up here this year, plan to come next winter. Alaska is GORGEOUS in winter - photo ops alone make it worth the trip. I have a full article up on the Alaska Site about Fur Rondy, even listing some of the more unique games and fun activities. Check it out! Any questions? I LOVE finding answers for even the silliest questions. :) Cheers, Deb Frost, Alaska Editor (in disguise because my lap-top won't recognise my normal User Name <arrgghh!>. Still, it IS me. :)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
OP Offline
F
FUR RONDY is in full swing! What a great weekend for the fun to being - after several weeks of warm weather (well, hey - warm for us!), Rondy took off this weekend to fresh snow and plummeting temperatures. Still, the carnival was full of children (and the young of heart), the ice sculptures were looking great and the list of events going on is chock full of fun. Yee-HAH! It's RONDY TIME!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Wanted to drop this website to you earlier... Found in the AOPA Pilot monthly magazine; has a pilot perspective of Fairbanks (out of main tourist season).

www<dot>aopa<dot>org/members/files/pilot/2010/february/postcards<dot>html

let's see if it goes through this way?

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.