logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello, I am new to this site although I have found the information to be very useful. One topic I would appreciate knowing more about is how to write a fundraising or capital campaign letter. Examples would be great! I am a new museum Director and this is one area I have very little experience in. By the way Kim, your ebook on exhibit design is wonderful. I am using the information right now to create a new exhibit. I feel so much more prepared. I look forward to hearing from all of you! Angela

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
Thank you so much Angela! I'm glad you're enjoying the ebook.

I haven't personally written any capital campaign letters. I will search around to see if I can find an example for you. In the meantime, I hope someone else will be able to post something helpful!

Kim

Kim Kenney
BellaOnline Museums Editor
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
OP Offline
Thanks Kim. Everyone may wonder why I am not using previous campaign letter formats or fundraiser letters, so I feel I should explain. Our museum has been fortunate to have several endowments over the last forty years. Unfortunately the thought must have been that these would sustain the museum indefinitely and therefore no fundraising efforts have ever occurred. This has not been a reality especially in the economic downturn. This will be a new venture for myself and the museum as a whole! I appreciate any assistance from those of you with experience in this area. Angela

K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
I found an excellent resource for your through the alumni network of the Coooperstown Graduate Program!

Capital Campaigns

This site has a wealth of information on how to get started, example letters, etc. that should really help you out!

Good luck!
Kim

Kim Kenney
My Museum Ebooks

"Seek those who find your road agreeable, your personality and mind stimulating, your philosophy acceptable, and your experiences helpful. Let those who do not, seek their own kind." -Jean-Henri Fabre
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Kim, thank you for finding the source. Thank you, Angela, for raising the question.

We too are in a situation where we need to raise capital.

Angie

OP Offline
Thank you very much Kim. This is an excellent resource. Fundraising and Capital Campaigns are such a big part of what we do. It makes a world of difference to have resources available. Angela

K
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
K
I think I might review that site for a future article. It seems like an excellent resource! I will look at it more in-depth soon.

Good luck with all your projects!!

Kim

Kim Kenney
My Museum Ebooks

Moderated by  kimkenney 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.