BellaOnline
Hello, I am new to this site although I have found the information to be very useful. One topic I would appreciate knowing more about is how to write a fundraising or capital campaign letter. Examples would be great! I am a new museum Director and this is one area I have very little experience in. By the way Kim, your ebook on exhibit design is wonderful. I am using the information right now to create a new exhibit. I feel so much more prepared. I look forward to hearing from all of you! Angela
Thank you so much Angela! I'm glad you're enjoying the ebook.

I haven't personally written any capital campaign letters. I will search around to see if I can find an example for you. In the meantime, I hope someone else will be able to post something helpful!

Kim
Thanks Kim. Everyone may wonder why I am not using previous campaign letter formats or fundraiser letters, so I feel I should explain. Our museum has been fortunate to have several endowments over the last forty years. Unfortunately the thought must have been that these would sustain the museum indefinitely and therefore no fundraising efforts have ever occurred. This has not been a reality especially in the economic downturn. This will be a new venture for myself and the museum as a whole! I appreciate any assistance from those of you with experience in this area. Angela
I found an excellent resource for your through the alumni network of the Coooperstown Graduate Program!

Capital Campaigns

This site has a wealth of information on how to get started, example letters, etc. that should really help you out!

Good luck!
Kim
Kim, thank you for finding the source. Thank you, Angela, for raising the question.

We too are in a situation where we need to raise capital.

Angie
Thank you very much Kim. This is an excellent resource. Fundraising and Capital Campaigns are such a big part of what we do. It makes a world of difference to have resources available. Angela
I think I might review that site for a future article. It seems like an excellent resource! I will look at it more in-depth soon.

Good luck with all your projects!!

Kim
© BellaOnline Forums