Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Hi, I have a fan page to promote my Path2HealthyLiving website. I'm just getting started and would love some new fans.

You can find it at Path2HealthyLiving on Facebook

I will join the ones above and anybody else who adds a link.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Hey Jill,

My fan page: Nutrabeautiful

Nancy

Last edited by YogaEditor; 02/04/10 08:24 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I love Jeanne's African Culture Facebook Fan Page. I'd love to do something similar for my site, but I don't want to do it unless I can do it well. I'd particularly want to post something regularly beyond my latest articles, but I'm not sure what. What would you like to see on a Facebook fan page for the Computer Career's site?

Thanks,
Juli

Zebra
Zebra
Julie, the cool thing about social media is its interaction and ability to grow your audience. So, you could do all sorts of things on a Facebook fan page. It's a great way to promote your articles, of course, but also you can do other things, depending on your particular goals. You could post related articles by other writers or sources in your field or that would be helpful to someone in your network, start discussions just like here in the forum, post leads to jobs, even do mini-blogging via the notes section.

For your subject, I'd suggest a twitter account, too--it's easier to get lots of followers on twitter and many twitterers are in computer careers. And, you can link your tweets to your facebook account, too. Plus, ask your twitter followers to become a fan of your Facebook page.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Yeah, Twitter is great. I'm on Twitter as @competentgirl and it's a great source of IT information and contacts. And, of course, I post my articles. In my field, people are much more likely to look to Twitter than Facebook for professional or career advice and are likely to have both, so I'd want to do something I'm not already doing on Twitter. The mini-blogging might be something worthwhile, I'll have to think about that (to make sure if I start I'll be able to continue.)

Juli

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Jilly, what is the difference between a fan page and a group page?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Ok, I took the plunge - Computer Careers Facebook Fan Page

Julie

Parakeet
Parakeet
Angie,

A page is managed by the organization or person that it promotes. A group is managed by one or more people who like that person or organization. So you can create a page about your business. Fans of your business can create a group about it.

Hope that helps!

Julie

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
What is the purpose of so many sites though? I think that is confusing. I guess I'm getting old and crotchety.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The idea is to send people to your business and/or website. You want to be where the people are and right now that's Facebook.

Juli

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.