Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A

Jennifer Anderson
Abundance/Wealth Editor
11 Forgotten Laws Is The Law Of Attraction Just Hype?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I totally agree that passion for your job is a must. If you need to be working and making money for most of your life, it's so much easier if you love what you do!

People who hate their jobs are generally unhappy with all aspects of their life because it colors everything.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I somewhat disagree with you especially the example of Bill Gates. He succeeded not only because of his passion for what he did, but also he was born in the right time, right family and committed right crime. (He sold someone else's software to IBM.)

In many occasions, you don't make enough money when you do what you love. I wonder how many people enjoy being a lawyer or doctor, yet they work because they make good money. I have seen so many musicians who are happy to play music, but extremely poor.

I think people should do what they love for themselves, but don't expect money to follow.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I think too that you can't expect to do what you love and money will automatically follow. You'll enjoy your life more, maybe, but unless your focus is also on being abundant and bringing money into your life, I don't think that money will necessarily be part of it.

I've tried following my passions in my life and because my husband makes good money to support us, I've been lucky enough to be able to do things I loved doing. I can't ever say I've made a lot of money at it tho!

Maybe because my passions tended toward writing and doing artistic things, not being the CEO of a company, I always found that it was harder for "the rest to follow. Of course, maybe it's my own belief that being an artist and writer won't make me rich-lol.

Being passionate helps, no matter what you do, but being adept at marketing doesn't hurt either.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great article.
I believe if you love what you do, the money won't matter - but if you need to make money to support your family - hopefully you will at least do something that you can enjoy.

I LOVE writing, can't support a family on it though (not yet anyway). But I do happen to have a job that I throughly enjoy as an HR Manager. So what I did is link my full time job to my passion for writing. I love HR and training...so as you can see below...that's what my writing is about.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 01/11/10 10:59 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Try Link removed Easy Wealth Stream, I've heard they are a good work from home business with no start-up cost. It's a very simple system. Anyone, even without any computer or technical knowledge, can get started right away.

Last edited by Abundance & Wealth Editor; 02/09/10 02:27 AM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think I would do what I love whether the money followed or not.

H
H
If you have the love of Money and that's your aim, you'll never have or experience true Spirtual Love. If your Rich and Successful it'll get you any kind of Artifical Love. You need to obtain a balance, time to Make Money and time for Love. Remember Time is Money. I've found a equilibrium of the 2, able to make Money remotely whilst making time for Love. Let me know whether you agree with me or do you see things differently {url}www.improveyourlifenow.org.uk{/url}

Walt Disney is a good example of doing what he loved to do. He had a work ethic instilled in him from a very early age. He delivered newspapers as a child and had to turn over his money to his father so he became used to not spending. As his career developed, he often would pay his employees more than he was making. However his main focus in his business was to produce a superior product and he was successful at that.

H
H
Your Money or Your Wife. Are you like many people out there with the addiction of being on-line. As soon as your home it's straight to your PC or Laptop with a mild greeting of hello or a gesture to your partner that your home. But oblivious to their reply. And then it's in on-line SURF mode. Revisiting sites from yesterday, checking your e-mails, replying to your Tweets,checking out that download you got last thing at night and so. The evening passes real quick and you here in the background "I'm off to bed." and you reply "I'll be up shortly." Do you find yourself in that Rut? Let me know. On your Quest for that Internet pot of Gold, have you noticed you hardly communicate with the family. And if your not on-line, your On-line in your head. Thinking of what you need to do the next time you log-on. The family suggests wants a short weekend break as the weather's set to be awesome. Your partner convinced you it'll be great idea to getaway from Home and spend some quality time together without the constraints of the PC for a few days. Suddenly you find yourself pondering on the thought of not being able to get into your nicely designed Internet bubble at home, access to those new downloads that your still experimenting with and twitting. You think I could take the laptop, but it's not the same. Then you try to come up with reasons not to go and that next weekend would be better. There are a few not many but a few of us out there, that find themselves caught on the net like a fish swimming around looking for something good to get into or you join your school of fellow fish's in forums, chatrooms or facebook. etc. Submit your articles to AMAZINES.COM Let me know your thoughts and ask yourself are you Spending 3 to 4 hours a day on the net. Are you loosing the art of conversation with your partner because of the net and the quest for on-line money?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.